Traffic generating techniques?
    Hey AWB,

I've spent the past month or say coding a website that displays merchants products, and allows users to promote products as sub-affiliates (or to affiliates who have signed up to the merchant program I already run). I'm pretty sure the majority of the code is operational (although ugly, if you were able to see it..) however I'm stuck on my next move; traffic generation.

I've read some guides, especially SEO guides, and i'm currently running some PPC ads with various networks to help increase traffic volume, however it is still very slow. My ads have only been running for a few days, so I'm hoping that is the cause of the lack of traffic, but I was looking for any tips on other ways to generate traffic? Of course, I have googled the topic and found some reasonable articles or posts, however I was wanting to know your guys views.

Any help or tips would be appreciated, I've got lots of time on my hand at the moment.

Thanks for any help,
    Stephen

It will take quit a while to have your site found - and indexed - before you will start making money with it - unless you want to go broke trying to figure out how to buy ads on Google - and be able to make money using them.

A good thread for you to read would be this one: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79507

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Lanadili wrote an excellent guide on article marketing:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...hlight=article

You'll also find other great threads in ABW Affiliate Academy > Helpful Articles:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Cool thanks for the replies, the posts you guys linked looked promising. I'll give 'em a read.

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    What's already been mentioned, SEO, PPC, article marketing, you can do some social media marketing etc.

You can also go a little old school - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...5&page=1&pp=25

Here is some free info from my own experience.

Do not waste your time or money on radio or television advertising.

Newspaper weeklies are somewhat effective but daily papers are way to expensive.

Paying for clicks has never worked for me. I always have more clicks to pay for than I have money coming in. Mind you there are some experts here that would make me look like a fool all day long on this subject.

link trading is well okay but not great and unless you are paying for the link it can be unfair to the other party.

If you are going to write articles make sure you are able to have actual links included in your article. Otherwise It will help the content users but not yourself. Beware most of them will cut your links even though they don't make this apparent upfront. Ask around the forums here for a good recommendation on this one.

Getting free publicity is great if you know how to do it. I've tried a few press releases but unless your news is big or exciting it's another waste of time. I don't believe in the pay services because they will take anything from you as long as you pay. Well that should tell you enough to know your news may not be worthy of a press release. A free release such as through your local news is probably better because they wont run it unless it's news worthy.

There's many more ways but I'm getting tuckered out. Maybe somone else could continue this. I think it's a good idea.

I would also add post guest writing, Yahoo Answers, social media (Twitter, Facebook), video marketing, social bookmarking, blog commenting

Those are some great ideas, I guess I better make some accounts around the place and get posting.

Thanks for all the help.

Just make sure you are tracking your stats so you know where your time is best spent. Some things work for me on some sites, but not on others.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Yeah, that actually brings up my next question, what would you reckon I use to track page views, redirect sources etc? I read that google analytics is quite helpful, but are their any other alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by bullfee
    I read that google analytics is quite helpful, but are their any other alternatives?
    You might be interested in the ExtremeTracker:
    http://extremetracking.com/?reg

The "problem" is that the results are public [actually only some]. You can pay to have a private tracker.
    Check out this thread:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...xtremetracking
    Also search on site statistics etc...
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

We just started using Visistat. They show you real time tracking along with all the other valuable information. www.visistat.com

Good luck!
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; February 1st, 2010 at 01:58 AM.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread