PPC Payments and Fraud Filters
    My Capital One rewards card turns off about once a week due to fraud detection filters. My Wells Fargo rewards card did the same thing, which is the reason I moved to Capital One.

Does anyone charge more than 1K a day on their card and not have fraud detection problems?

I really don't want to go to invoicing of PPC because the rewards programs are incredibly awesome, but rewards cards may not be sustainable after a certain level of PPC spend?

Thanks,
    James
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I don't spend quite that much, but close.

Do you have a backup card listed at AdWords? That will help when/if your main card gets denied from the fraud detection.

You might try an Amex. I highly recommend the Starwood Amex or Hilton Amex (or the new Hilton Surpass Amex). The hotel awards can be a very good value. You'll earn status at the hotels from your CC spend, which gives upgrades and other perks. You can transfer Starpoints to airline miles with a 5k bonus for every 20k transferred, which essentially means you earn 1.25 miles per dollar spent.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Do you have a backup card listed at AdWords? That will help when/if your main card gets denied from the fraud detection.
    I do have backup cards on YSM and Adwords, but Microsoft adcenter doesn't seem to take a backup card. Its adcenter that trips the filter most of the time, along with Paypal.

If Amex doesn't work, I might try allocating a different card per service.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I would recommend BofA. I've run into a few issues before and they have great customer service. I'm sure if you spoke to them and explained your situation they would provide the support you need.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    If Amex doesn't work, I might try allocating a different card per service.
    I would at least put MSN on a separate card, if their charges are the ones causing the problems. The spend should be quite a bit less with MSN, so maybe by itself it wouldn't trigger any fraud alerts.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread