Tracking Revenue in CJ and others - all in one place
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this - please let me know if not...

But I was wondering if anyone knows of/has used a program/website that will allow me to track all of my revenue from different networks in one place.

I am a publisher (not advertiser) and user Linkshare, CJ, ShareASale, Google Affiliate, PepperJam, etc.

To check my daily stats/commission/sales, I have to log into each one of them one by one.

Is there anything that will let me see it all together? It would be ideal to just have so portal where I log in and in one panel see it all.

Any advice/suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah I'm sure someone will do a driveby link drop for a service you can use, that is if you are DUMB enough to give them your usernames and passwords. Pretty assinine if u ask me. Why not just change the payee name on your account??
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Well I apologize for having aggravated someone with the question...

But I don't see it as such a stupid thing, because there are two ways around this:

1. I can set up just a sub-user with very limited "viewing" access to the account, and that can be the login that I can provide

2. I'm fine with this being a software download that is hosted locally on my machine and the password is not stored online with some service

Lastly, people put all of their private information into a service like mint.com - you could call that stupid as well

And I certainly wouldn't just go with any random link on here - I'd research it first, but would appreciate a helpful start

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Dealthera,

I understand what you're asking for, but I'm not sure there's something like that available as of now. I can see how a system like you're suggesting could streamline things, but I'm not familiar with anything like it out there. If you do come across something, please let us know.

If you search through Rosalind Gardner's blog I'm sure she did a blog post a while ago about a service similar to what you're after.

Like Haiko I'd be very skeptical about such a service who out of the goodness of their hearts would write such a program and not expect something in return.

How many times per day do you need to check your stats anyway.

You didn't "aggravate" me, I'm just trying to protect you and other affiliates.

The only trade secrets affiliates have are their sites and stats data points, if your ok with giving that info to anyone (yeah do research on who and where some of these cos are) to check your stats then your either not making enough money or just to damn lazy. Because I can't for the life of me understand why you would let someone into your account? It's just like KFC writing the secret recipe on the napkins and leaving the cash drawers open so you can do self check out.

You have to deal with parasites, poachers, copiers, tracking gaps/issues and AMs, OPMs and even network reps who steal your data, why also yield this to yet another party ... to save some time and a few clicks?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I am not sure about your technical expertise or that of people who work with you, but if you have someone who knows how to code well, here is what you need to do.

CJ, Linkshare and Shareasale all offer API access to their transaction data. You just have to write a script to pull this data and put it in your own database every day. Google does not offer API access to transaction data (the last time I checked), but its possible to code a bot that mimicks a browser which can pull the data from their web interface.

Once you have the data, then you can write a web application that uses this data to display it all on one page or you an write a script to email it to you. I coded one of these apps about a year ago and it works well. I get an email every morning that shows all transactions from all networks. Saves alot of time, but you (or someone you hire) will probably have to put in a few weeks worth of coding in order to get this working. If you decide to go this route, I can give you some more info on how to make this work. Just PM me.

ABW Ambassador
    affiliatereporting dot you can figure out ...
    it is not free .. they manage your ppc ads and reporting / commissions / keyword management/performance etc.

it may work well if you don't care about someone having access to all your affiliate network accounts

I'd be interested in feedback by someone with a good reputation here using that product.

I know giving all that information to a 3rd party seems very risky but it is difficult to scale without oursourcing work. In the future (5 years?) it might be impossible to exist without major outsourcing.

At the same time with a $500+ cost per month, I think a person (Anthony Bajoras?) running such a business is probably making more then even the super affiliates using his service. With just 300 customers (probably more) that's 150k/month. His goal is probably to grow his business to 1000+ versus stealing his customers campaigns.

It is also very risky to hire poeple or consultants to do this work without sharing some of your data.

Personally, I would not take such a chance with such a 3rd party without some serious references from known entities.

I had suggested that we develop a free open source consolidated reporting tool 2-3 years ago, but it never went anywhere. I'd love to see some renewed interested in the project.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

11. Thanks From:

My webpage URL in CJ, Linkshare and Shareasale API
    Quote Originally Posted by phreak$how View Post
    CJ, Linkshare and Shareasale all offer API access to their transaction data. You just have to write a script to pull this data and put it in your own database every day.
    Is that possible to get information from CJ, LS API:

- URL of the webpage from which visitor was redirected to merchant website

I need to track these pages and redirects, as well as get this info from CJ, LS and etc.

You will have to include tracking variables in your affiliate links. CJ uses the SID parameter and I forget what the others use, but they all have something similar. The way I do it is to have a dynamic webpage (Rails, PHP, or whatever u use) that I direct every outbound link to. This page adds a row to my database table that includes the referral URL, search engine keywords, etc.. and I get the unique ID of the row after I insert the record. Then I use the unique ID (12345 in the example below) as my CJ SID tracking variable... so it would look like this:

http://cj_link_goes_here?SID=12345

Then when you pull the transaction data you can see which SID was associated with each transaction. Take that SID and match it to the record that you logged in your database. So you may would have a transaction returned by the API that had an SID of 12345. You just look in your database and then you can see the referral URL that you logged when the click was made.

You need some programming knowledge to accomplish this, but it is not terribly difficult. Just a few lines of code. Of course to simplify things, you will want to process all of this information in a reporting system.. coding that takes a bit more time.

Now I am not sure what you mean about redirects, but you will only be able to track the redirects that are made on your own site. I know some affiliate links do a few redirects behind the scenes on the affiliate network servers.. you will not be able to track any of that.

more info on CJ SID here. Its pretty common with rewards & cashback sites. That is the only way they can associate a purchase with a visitor.

http://help.cj.com/en/lo*@%29%29p/SmartRewards_FAQ.htm

15. Thanks From:

phreak$how thanks a lot
    phreak$how thanks a lot. I'll study all you wrote and get my feedback later. Tnx!

What about web?
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I had suggested that we develop a free open source consolidated reporting tool 2-3 years ago, but it never went anywhere. I'd love to see some renewed interested in the project.
    desktop-based would be challenging, but web-based is more realistic. What about web?

phreak$how thanks for clear answer
    phreak$how thanks a lot your answer and link is the best and full answer for my question. That took for a while for me to find the answer. I'm appreciate your attention and help. Now i'll need to find about CJ SmartRewards in LinkShare and Amazon, i doubt that Ebay provides that.

Quote Originally Posted by sava View Post
    phreak$how thanks a lot your answer and link is the best and full answer for my question. That took for a while for me to find the answer. I'm appreciate your attention and help. Now i'll need to find about CJ SmartRewards in LinkShare and Amazon, i doubt that Ebay provides that.
    Linkshare Signature:
    http://helpcenter.linkshare.com/publ...questionid=641

Quote Originally Posted by sava View Post
    desktop-based would be challenging, but web-based is more realistic. What about web?
    The problem with web-based is that there are more privacy concerns. If it's all on the affiliate's computer (and it's open source, so there's no concern about data being sent back to the developer), the affiliate (and the network) can be assured that nobody else has access to their data.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I use Prosper202 - a free service that can be hosted on your server. This php postback API script below will access all sales/leads along with their sids for CJ offers once a day and report them back to Prosper. I am sure Linkshare has a similar API protocol, so that shouldn't be too difficult. You will have to set up a cron job (at your host) to do a daily ping and you will need to set up the postback URL on your server (as an example, I use postback.php file below). Send me a PM if you need finer details. By the way, this script will save you $30/month since Prosper charges for this service!

Put this in your postback.php file:

$cDevKey = 'YOUR_DEVELOPER_KEY';

$cURL = 'https://commission-detail.api.cj.com/v3/commissions?';
    $cURL .= 'date-type=event&';

$ch = curl_init();
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $cURL);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array(
    'Authorization: ' . $cDevKey,
    'User-Agent: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)"'
    ));

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, false);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 10);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 10);

$cHTML = curl_exec($ch);
    if (curl_error($ch)) {
    echo "Curl error: " . curl_error($ch);
    } // ends if (curl_error($ch))
    else {
    $cXML = simplexml_load_string($cHTML);

for ($i = 0; $i < count($cXML->commissions->commission); $i++) {
    $oCJCommission = $cXML->commissions->commission[$i];

$cPostback = 'http://yourtracking-postbackURL.php?amount=' . urlencode($oCJCommission->{'commission-amount'}) . '&subid=' . urlencode($oCJCommission->sid);
    $fpPostback = @fopen($cPostback, "r");
    if ($fpPostback !== false) {
    fclose($fpPostback);
    } // ends if ($fpPostback !== false)
    } // ends for ($i = 0; $i < count($cXML->commissions->commission); $i++)
    } // ends else from if (curl_error($ch))
    ?>

Enter your details for $cPostback and $cDevKey. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Organic Chem; May 12th, 2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: refinement

How to pull out the transaction data?
    Quote Originally Posted by phreak$how View Post

Then when you pull the transaction data you can see which SID was associated with each transaction...
    You need some programming knowledge to accomplish this...
    phreak$how I do have a programming skills. Would you post any link or description of code, tutorial of how to pull the transaction data. Do you do it with SOAP or REST?
    I want to do it with REST.

Thanks

Outsourced Program Manager Nathan Weinberg's Avatar
    We built a system that logs in to all of our CJ accounts every day, hits the URLs for all the reports we need, and downloads them. There's a lot you can do with cron jobs and examining URL structures, and yes, someone should right an open source program that would make this a lot easier.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2]Nathan Weinberg[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1]Outsourced Program Manager
    Blue Cherry Group
    :envelope:[/SIZE] [SIZE=1] nweinberg(at)bluecherrygroup(dotcom) :telephone[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]646.290.8127 x203[/SIZE]

Here is some of my old Ruby code to pull the transactions. Its pretty much straight from the Ruby example on CJ's website: http://help.cj.com/en/web_services/web_services.htm. I am using Rails, so I created a table called cj_transactions and then created my model (CjTransaction.rb) that maps to that table. This script just hits their SOAP API server and pulls yesterday's commissions, iterates thru them, populates the CjTransaction object and saves it to the database.

Code:
      commission_wsdl_url = "https://pubcommission.api.cj.com/wsdl/version2/publisherCommissionService.wsdl"

developerKey = "your_dev_key_goes_here"

yesterday = Time.now.yesterday.strftime("%m/%d/%Y") 

commission_input = {"developerKey" => developerKey,
               "date" => yesterday,
               "dateType" => "Posting",
               "advertiserIds" => "",
               "websiteIds" => "",
               "actionStatus" => "",
               "actionTypes" => "",
               "adIds" => "",
               "countries" => "",
               "correctionStatus" => "",
               "sortBy" => "",
               "sortOrder" => ""
               }

soap = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new( commission_wsdl_url ).create_rpc_driver
      soap.options["protocol.http.ssl_config.verify_mode"] = nil
      soap.options['protocol.http.receive_timeout'] = 300

result = soap.findPublisherCommissions( commission_input )
      commissions = result["out"]["publisherCommissions"]["PublisherCommission"]

commissions.each do |rec|
        cj = CjTransaction.new
        cj.posting_date = rec["postingDate"]
        cj.action_status = rec["actionStatus"]
        cj.action_type = rec["actionType"]
        # etc, etc.......
        cj.save
      end
    It looks like they have a new REST API for transactions too. I thought about writing something open source and putting it on github, but I just have to find the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Organic Chem View Post
    ...This php postback API script below will access all sales/leads along with their sids for CJ offers once a day and report them back to Prosper...
    Enter your details for $cPostback and $cDevKey. Enjoy!
    Hrm... looks familiar. Where have I seen that code before? Oh, right!

http://www.ericnagel.com/2010/05/tra...rosper202.html

Thanks for the credit...

Working on it
    I'm a web developer currently working for a client who is creating a coupons and cashback site. He needs the coupons normalized and since he created a cheaper version of the site a few months ago he was inputting all the links by hand. He is working with cj, cc, ls and half.
    Right now i'm with the cj coupon parser. I connect to the CJ REST API and i get the promotional links. It's terribly hard because you don't know in what order they come, you can't filter upon request the active coupons from the expired ones and they're full of garbage and spam. So, with a lot of reg-exps i'm starting to extract the data, the actual link (the tracker id will be appended later) the type of promotion, the store and (broad) category they belong. Still working on the (coherent) title and grouping (some links are the same, different banner and stuff).
    As soon as i finish i'll move to ls. The odd one is cc because they don't offer an api, but since they can upload it via ftp it's essentially the same (easier actually).
    Just wanted to let you know that as soon as i finish coding, i'll try to make it available as the basis of the open source tool. Anyone interested? I accept any advice you can give me on the requests. Because rigt now i'm doing it by force, just import as much as i can and use php to check the end dates (i know, horrible and wasteful).

27. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread