Hi,
    I am building product pages (lots and lots of them) after reading so much about it on this forum. The person who helped design my site has it set so that when someone clicks on a link a new window opens..without me having to put the target="_top" (or whatever) on the end of each link. It's built into his script somehow. The problem is he is has vanished and he didn't include it in a set of pages he built for me to use for products. Does anyone know what I need to add (script wise) to these asp pages? Your help is appreciated.
    Thank you,
    leeann
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    Are you using frames? Perhaps he used the target attribute to open all links in new windows.
    Try putting: <base target="_blank"> in the head of the page. That should accomplish it.

Wayne

Hi,
    Thank you for answering. I'll give that a try. I'm not using frames, will it still work?
    Thanks again,
    leeann
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    It should work ok for you. Put it above any ASP code that opens links and don't put it within the ASP code itself. (You probably could write it as a string in the code if you double the quotes.)

Remember, it will open all links into new windows including other pages on your site, not just affiliate links. Usually this isn't a good thing since most people don't want every page of a site opening in a new window. If the affiliate links are dynamically generated, you might look at adding code to open those links only.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    Try putting: &lt;base target="_blank"&gt; in the head of the page. That should accomplish it.

Wayne <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Cool, something I didn't know of that I can add to my bag of tricks. Thanks Wayne!

As a side note, if you don't won't a link to open in a new window by default, add target=_self to the link.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread