Found this in my site logs..

Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider Protocol Discovery

It is listed as a browser?

Running a search for protocol discovery at google.com throws up some links that might help - especially the first one. Beware the second link it begins [PPT] - it tries to download something to your computer.
    Eat Less. Move More. :cool:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It's this

msdaipp.dll

But I couldn't tell you what it does, seems to be related to a range of MS Software from SharePoint, to Office to Project.

Are you running sharepoint or on a server that runs it? ...Ah wait....I wonder if someone running sharepoint has bookmarked your site within sharepoint and .... that maybe sharepoint can spider or at least check for availabilty of linked external sites.... Hmmm guessing a bit here

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

http://support.microsoft.com/default...99&product=edk

Might help, I think I'm on the right track....

Search for MSDAIPP as the keyword to find more.
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I do not have Sharepoint on my server. The only thing I was figuring is that someone was accessing my info to copy or use it.

Right if some one has added your site to a links library in ShaerPoint, and potentially has some system for offline browsing....? Dunno couldn't find enough info to say either way and I haven't looked at SharePoint for a over a year.

Cheers

Chris

Is your site on a Microsoft Server?

Is it by chance running Exchange Server for email? If so, accessing webmail could kick that into your logs. So could many of the attemtps to use Microsoft Web Folders, trying to publish or retrieve data with Frontpage, or other office products.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread