Affiliate Manager
    Affiliate Correspondence and Note Tracking?
    My company is signing up with Shareasale, and they offer just about everything we could ask for, but there's no way to keep notes of correspondence with affiliates or notes on specific accounts (as far as I can see). I want to do this so that as we bring in more affiliates, we're able to keep track of past conversations or any specific information we might need to note related to a specific affiliate.

What do other managers use to keep track of this information? I was considering salesforce for it, but I'm just wondering if there's anything else I should take a look at. I know that what I'm looking for could be done as simply as using a spreadsheet, but I'd like something a little more fully featured. Thanks for your help!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am a 10+ year veteran of ACT! but recently migrated to a MacBook so am not using it any more. Its great for a single person but requires an IIS server to host the database.

Also use Sugar/CRM on a php server (Linux) and its open source (free). Its browser based and more like SaleForce.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for the great info Chuck. These options look really good. I like what I see with ACT! and think I'll give it a try.

Byagi,

I've also used SugarCRM for a few years and it worked pretty well for my needs. Like Chuck said, it is open source, which is nice for the price, but it took me quite a bit of time getting it installed and setup, so you'll certainly need some technical expertise.

Sugar also has resellers that do the installation, hosting and setup for you, so you can pay them for a SaaS (software as a service).

You might want to look at Sage CRM and Enterprise Wizard. They've got SaaS products that are really robust.

I've also used some proprietary CRM software. My favorite CRM software these days is called Ivinex. They are located in a neighboring city, so I've been using their software for a few months now.

Hey Byagi,

Since I originally replied to your thread, my company (eSilverBullet) has rolled out a CRM system specifically for affiliate marketing. If you're still looking, check out our product release announcement here at ABW.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread