ABW Ambassador
    Tax refugees staging escape from New York
    "The Empire State is being drained of an invaluable resource -- people," the report said.

What's worse is that the families fleeing New York are being replaced by lower-income newcomers, who consequently pay less in taxes.

Overall, the ex-New Yorkers earn about 13 percent more than those who moved into the state, the study found.

First thing that pops into my head is this is a report in the NY Post. An 8 year report lol, Trying so hard not to get political but 911, could of had an effect on people moving out of the city. Maybe they counted the people that died that horrific day as no longer on the tax roll also. This is the post after all.

All the jobs they are talking about are probably wall street and banking executives, What I am seeing right now is totally the opposite of that article. I am seeing more people filling the outer boroughs and working in Manhattan more then I ever have in my 40 plus years in this city. If anything the less wealthy are being forced out of their neighborhoods by upper working class families.

To me this looks like an attack on the current mayor just before election time. I see no accuracy in this at all. Maybe people moved out because of the lack of quality in NY newspapers.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Daytona Beach, Florida
    I escaped from the Peoples Republic of New Jersey twelve years ago and moved to Florida. No State Income Tax in Florida.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread