ABW Ambassador
    NBA Season Starts Tonight
    Go Magic

Should be an interesting season with all the off season moves.

Cavs now with Shaq. We'll see how that works.

Vince Carter on the Magic. We have our point guard back. We'll do good.

Celtics got Rasheed but they had their time a couple of years ago. Glenn Baby Davis is out for awhile, Garnett probably won't last the season with his knee and I'm sure the point guard isn't too happy with them trying to trade him. The others are getting old.

I don't like the Spurs at all but they made some great moves and if they stay healthy, they're going to be right back up there with the Lakers.

Lakers should do well again, I think Artest will work out fine.

Magic vs. Lakers or Spurs in the Finals.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    VERY interesting season about to begin with a great precursor for the East race: Boston v Cleveland.

When Boston got Wallace I thought they would be in the driver's seat, but Garnett's continue injury issues and Davis out plus losing Powe to Cleveland, combined with Cleveland getting not just Shaq but Leon Powe, Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon, and THEY look like the team to beat in the East. Sorry, but Orlando will fall back this year - losing Turkoglu is a major blow, and Carter is not a winner.

Portland is the up and coming team in the west, and SA has improved tremendously with not just Jefferson, but also McDyess, and they just love their second round pick, DeJuan Blair.

The Lakers still figure to repeat, despite my strong feeling that they took a major step BACKWARD letting RISING STAR TREVOR ARIZA go, and replacing him with a pile of pool scum that will end up a major disaster, and hopefully in jail where he belongs - that piece of r artest.

The other West team that is on the verge and will not surprise me if they put together a great year, is Denver.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Bumping this dormant thread:

Besides that other game today, the one in the nfl, there is a key matchup today between Boston and Orlando.

The season series between the two is on the line, and that is the first tiebreaker come playoff time.

Boston gets Paul Pierce and Marquis Daniels both back from injuries today, and Orlando has to deal with Vince Carter, having the worst season of his career and in the worst streak of his career, shooting 33.1% and averaging 10.8 points in his last 11 games.

An on another note, the Lakers NEVER can win in Portland, but they did last night despite Kobe Bryant missing his first game in something like 3-1/2 years.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    It's looking like a Lakers/Cavs Final. It did last year as well and the Cavs didn't pull it off but this year I think they will. And if this happens - http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/c...and-stoudemire even stronger.

ABW Ambassador
    Alright, few more regular season games and it's Playoff time. Changed my avatar to give the Magic some power. It kind of looks like last year, Cleveland vs. Lakers but Lakers haven't been playing that well lately, 5-5 last 10 games. Magic are playing good ball right now, just checked the standings and they have the 2nd best record in the whole league, tied with the Lakers, Cavs have the best.

Looks like Kevin Durant will win the scoring title. Was looking at his stats, pretty comparable to Lebron's, except for assists but Durant hits like 90% of free throws. Going to be a big star, already on the way. Little more assists, little more D, complete player. Already offensive machine.

Boston seems to have its legs back. But...we'll see how those legs hold up in the late games of the series.

I haven't watched a game yet. It's hard for this Canadian to watch the NBA, especially after watching the NHL palyoffs that are intense and have drama and are exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    I haven't watched a game yet. It's hard for this Canadian to watch the NBA, especially after watching the NHL palyoffs that are intense and have drama and are exciting.
    So, Mr Bibby, the NBA playoffs are NOT "intense and ... exciting"? And DO NOT have "drama"?

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    So, Mr Bibby, the NBA playoffs are NOT "intense and ... exciting"? And DO NOT have "drama"?
    Not for me. I just don't think the NBA's game matches-up to the NHL. Not only are the games physical but the the fast pace of the playoffs have been amazing to watch...for those of us who can follow the tiny black disk
    Last edited by bibby; May 5th, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

I prefer the lakers

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread