Will Goldencan work with Squidoo?
    Squidoo does not accept JS, so Popshops free version will not work. I am wondering if Goldencan has an HTML code I can paste into my Squidoo lens?

Has anyone tried to load a Goldencan shop into a squidoo lens?

Is Squidoo allowing ANY direct-to-merchant links anymore? I thought there was a big fuss over Squidoo's changes in policy a month or so ago and one of the alarm buttons many were upset about was the elimination of most uses of direct-to-merchant.

Probably I'm just not understanding how their policy changes work, or how those work in relation to what you're trying to do.

Sorry I'm of no help on this one. I've never figured out how to use GC or PopShops or any of those other useful dfeed tools with Squidoo.
    Generate more fake news.

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Is Squidoo allowing ANY direct-to-merchant links anymore? I thought there was a big fuss over Squidoo's changes in policy a month or so ago and one of the alarm buttons many were upset about was the elimination of most uses of direct-to-merchant.
    I think they are just limiting how many links you can direct to one domain.

I shouldn't comment since am not really sure but don't believe there is an html option with GoldenCan. (wanna stress tho that I'm only guessing I don't recall there bein one but haven't checked recently so there could be)

As to Squidoo. At least from what I'm seeing is it is a bit of a challenge now making them.

"I think they are just limiting how many links you can direct to one domain."

In the beginning I thought, hmm well ok that doesn't seem like too much of a problem. Ummm til I started editing mine. It does mean what that statement says....... but I don't think it's probably what most of us were thinking. As for instance. (think the number of links is 9 but not absolutely positive) That's not 9 links for say Gap, 9 links for Target (just examples)

At least with mine, I may have 3 different merchants thru SAS but am only permitted a total of 9 links. Am guessing they are counting all the links as SAS links not the individual merchants. So, if you really want to have a variety of links, you have to feature merchants (9 total from a network) from different networks with different domains. Your links to your own site would be counted as 9 separate links, too. Amazon and eBay I don't believe have a limit.

If you're fortunate enough to be a biggie squidoo (giants) I don't believe you have a limit. That's my goal to someday be a giant Have quite a ways to go on that tho. lol

oops forgot to say that I don't believe there is a limit on the rss feeds either.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread