Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello all,

I am wondering why when I put, for example,

schoolcash "jc whitney" into google, it comes up with a result.

Or also ... essentialapparel buyersport ...

I also get a positive result.

Same with vanns buyersport.

Someone asked if Buyerport was "in compliance".

With their downloadable app that redirects you to pages of its choice, I believe they about as in compliance as Ebates.

There are many other "trusted" merchants I have put into google with various parasites and found to have been associated with them.

Perhaps it is the parasite's "fault". But, from viewing some of the posts here, I wonder if you simply get onto that Trusted Merchants list by paying. Perhaps, parasite-free is a handshake in a backroom just like parasite-ridden is.

Or is parasite-free just displayed here to appease the peasants.

I am interested.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Or is parasite-free just displayed here to appease the peasants.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    bingo! I mean seriously, how hard can it be to call the parasite to remove your store from their listing if, indeed you are not associated with them?

almost half of the "trusted merchants" here are tainted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Morpheus/Buyersport was one of the BHO's ABW uncovered swapping affiliate ID# years ago. It was really the focus of heated debates and threads till Haiko gave them his seal of approval. Then they slipped back off the radar as if a born again christian.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=se...rds=buyersport
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

AFAIK and I checked with Haiko, BuyersPort is a WurldMedia property and is in full compliance. They offer cash-back rebates to their members.

See this thread:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...1&m=2556038331
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akiva:
    AFAIK and I checked with Haiko, BuyersPort is a WurldMedia property and is in full compliance. They offer cash-back rebates to their members.

See this thread:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...1&m=2556038331 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Akiva you are so right there. Do you offer us cookies?

If a user has buyersport software installed, it will negate and overwrite an affiliate cookie if either a direct type in or bookmark is clicked.

Is this what you call non parasite activity?

True they won't overwrite a click through from an affiliate, but the do get that buyer that comes back.

So It's original affiliate sale... unless it's no sale.. then Buyersport and their compliant software get's the sale.

This is not right.... I hope you make changes.

Poopie

Poopie ():

I will check with Haiko and co about that. I was recently reassured that they were ok. I myself do not download any of the software so I go on what is posted here by reliable folks.

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Well Akiva, you can take it from the Poop Meister. I have downloaded and it works no different than any other BHO thiefware out there.

Topmoxie does the same thing.

Trust the Poopie.

P: I trust you so I've put the relationship on hold while I research it and confirm it with Haiko.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Morpheus/Buyersport was one of the BHO's ABW uncovered swapping affiliate ID# years ago. It was really the focus of heated debates and threads till Haiko gave them his seal of approval. Then they slipped back off the radar as if a born again christian.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=se...rds=buyersport <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just spent an hour reading that thread. Where are these people now? Eaglefire, Cedric, Canfree, Icicle.

I don't see the same quality of posts these days. Heck, even Mike's posts were more coherent in those days.

There was that rare gem, Mike and Chez Noir in adjacent posts without either trying to tear the other's throat out with his teeth...LOL

I think the quality posters are tired of saying the same thing over and over and it seems like nothing is going to change and the deadly virus scums are getting worse and worse!

Maybe when some kind of miracle happens quality posts will come back!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

I don't mean there are no quality posters - ABW has been my university for the past year. It's just that, looking back a couple of years, to a time when I knew nothing of affliate marketing, (or ABW) there were people active and engaged whereas now there seems to be mainly resignation and cynicism (still a few crusaders - Poon springs to mind...)

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just spent an hour reading that thread. Where are these people now? Eaglefire, Cedric, Canfree, Icicle. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, rest assured, they're around - just not at ABW.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    I just spent an hour reading that thread. Where are these people now? Eaglefire, Cedric, Canfree, Icicle. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Banned, banned, unsure, banned.

I applaud you for addressing this issue Akiva, unlike AMs of some other "trusted" merchants. Please post the results of this research .. or simply download the program yourself.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Heck, even Mike's posts were more coherent in those days.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I please have some of what you're on?

some may have ran from the flame wars at CJU. some of the chief flamers seem to have mended their ways now.

ABW Ambassador
    Why were they banned?

I thought they were super affiliates who were actively against parasites and who are kind enough to guide newbies in this affiliate marketing biz?

Where are these people now?

They are very forthright, insightful, inteligent folks. They are gone to what they consider a better place now that they are locked out of ABW.

They and Haiko did not agree.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

"They and Haiko did not agree"
    I hope it was more than that, because those posters had not only insight but balls, something sadly lacking in a lot of posts we see today.

I don't think we were privy to everything that was going on because a lot of the disagreements were done in private phone calls and PMs. So, I have no opinion on who was right or wrong.

I was very distraught about it all. But, they are still around, elsewhere.

I still feel the loss of such members was not good for ABW. I had hoped it would all have blown over by now and fences would have been mended. But, I guess that will not happen.

I have to admit that Haiko was absolutely right about one person (not listed above) who was banned. A very smart person in many ways but a snake in the grass just the same.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Anyone who is causing redirects from targeting a merchants direct links, natural SEO , CPC, affiliate links or URL is not compliant in my book...if it's software then it ain't compliant, I don't care how it got installed.

There is no such thing as a compliant BHO. But maybe my requirements for compliant aren't the same as others.

Compliant for me is Web or Email based marketing. I have no issue with rebate sites, there are plenty that drive REAL communities without having to result to the redirection and interception of traffic!

Thanks

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris your stand is admirable. I would like to work more closly with your company's but the only one I have semi succusses with is Netmagazines, two checks so far. Mondera nothing.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Tibbs, PM on the way. We need to send you more cheques !!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tibbs:
    "They and Haiko did not agree"
    I hope it was more than that, because those posters had not only insight but balls, something sadly lacking in a lot of posts we see today. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    They only thing ever holding abestweb back was Haiko.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qball©:
    They only thing ever holding abestweb back was Haiko. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only one to create abestweb and what it has become and done was Haiko.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast