Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http and a telephoto
    Why am I still here?
    Recently some folks are questioning my dedication to ABestWeb and telling me it's time to move on or to not spend so much time here. With the change in ownership this would be a perfect time to say "I think I'll back off".

Not gonna happen. Here's why:

Instead of repeating all the things I have said in a couple of past threads, I am putting links to them here:

Thank You Haiko - my 5,000th post
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=79790

My 10,000th post
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=102684

Through jobs, good and bad, through the death of my son, through the pain of losing my best friend and the joy of finding the love of my life, all of it is chronicled here. Right here.

Through the growth from affiliate to inhouse AM to CPA network AM and on to becoming an OPM, it's all chronicled here.

ABW is home. ABW is family. Some family members have come and gone, but they are still out there, some still read even though they don't or can't respond here.

Haiko built this community and we want it to continue to grow and expand. I didn't participate in the roast Haiko thread, because even in good humor I cannot say anything bad about the man.

Instead, I want to say publically yet again, thank you Haiko for the community where I have met the people that are most important in my life, where I have learned all their is to know about affiliate marketing and managing, directly from members and indirectly from people I met by being part of this community.

iNet folks came to California this weekend to meet with some moderators and to answer our questions about the direction of the community. It was a very good meeting and we feel confident that iNet will continue to administer ABW in the direction that Haiko intended it to go.

Why am I here? Where else would I be?

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    I didn't participate in the roast Haiko thread, because even in good humor I cannot say anything bad about the man.
    Yes indeed!

Why am I here? Where else would I be?
    I for one am glad you are here.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Well said Loxly.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Lichtenstein
    Well said Loxly.
    +1 - and there's a hug from me, too.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Tax Paying Member
    Recently some folks are questioning my dedication to ABestWeb and telling me it's time to move on or to not spend so much time here. With the change in ownership this would be a perfect time to say "I think I'll back off".

I needed to read this several times. This is unbelievable. I can't understand anyone questioning your dedication to ABW and its members.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Awesome post Deb and great thought of posting it here. Anyone who reads it should have no need to question why you are still here. I haven't been super active in the affiliate world lately but I have yet to find a better established community for affiliate marketing. If there is a better place out there, I haven't run across it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    I can't understand anyone questioning your dedication to ABW and its members.
    Agreed, can't imagine why or how someone could have any question about Deb and ABW.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    I needed to read this several times. This is unbelievable. I can't understand anyone questioning your dedication to ABW and its members.
    You would be shocked, as am I.

But this thread is supposed to be a thank you to Haiko for the community. And if you had to sell, for selling to a company that will take it into the future.

It's been a long couple of weeks, and today was headed in a good direction but took a turn, so I'm off to bed and hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for others to add their .02 about why *they* are here.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

We're here because you are here Obi Wan..

Seriously though, a lot of us were led here originally by you. Although I'm still tagged as a newbie, I've been lurking here for at least a couple years now. In the forums that I follow I have seen nothing but helpful attitudes. I generally avoid the more general forums and stick to ones with specific topics or for specific programs. Maybe that is why I've avoided some of the conflict that seemed to rock the community in the past year. I'm still here because many of the people that I've come and respect in the affiliate community are still here and until it becomes a place that help and assistance can't be found, why should I leave?

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you, loxly. This place wouldn't be what it is today without you and I for one am glad you're sticking around actively

ABW Ambassador
    I actually think it would be good to have a thead on this:

"iNet folks came to California this weekend to meet with some moderators and to answer our questions about the direction of the community. It was a very good meeting and we feel confident that iNet will continue to administer ABW in the direction that Haiko intended it to go."

For them to start a thread and let everybody else know what direction they want to take the community in and get input from members, because it is the members who make the community what it is. What do you think can be improved on if anything. What to you like, dislike, do you want to see anything added. Blogs, wikis and lets get the discussion rolling.

I'm good as long as people can always speak their mind freely.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    You better not go anywhere. --

Who'd smack me down to earth when I get out of line????

You're a leader of this community.

Never give up on us....

Much LOVE!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I'm here because ARC was born here ...

I'm here because I would not be where I am today if it were not for ABW ...

and most importantly,

I'm here because I'm Haiko's friend ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Why anyone would ask you a question like that is beyond me. They obviously don't know you very well Loxly, otherwise they wouldn't be asking. I'm very glad you are here, because you help mold this forum into what it is today.

So why am I here? Because I found this board several years ago and was blown away with all the information to help me on my journey with affiliate marketing. So now I try to help out and give back when I can. The people on this board are very knowledgeable and helpful, and I'm proud to be a part of that.

Arrow
    hey -- we're all family here . . .

Thanks so much for this thread, Deb.

My initial reaction when I saw the title to the thread about the new ownership for ABW was sort of -- "Oh no. They've changed my home and family." (Side note: When I was a junior in high school I went away to a special summer camp; my stepparents moved while I was at camp without consulting me -- probably bred some separation anxiety issues into me. LOL!)

Then I read that thread some -- and now this thread and Bill's thread about the new ownership -- and I feel much better.

Why am I here? Most of the people I know who do affiliate marketing, and a great deal of what I know about the business, came to me right here. This place is indeed my "online family" like no other place has been.

Never yet felt the need to run away from home (even back when home ran away from me!), so here I am. Glad you, Deb, and all you other good family and friends, are here, too.
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager
    I have been here for years, mostly very quietly reading and learning. I always enjoy what you have to say, and make a point of reading it because I consider your input to be valuable and credible. Credible is the important word I think - without the credibility of the mods here ABestWeb wouldn't be what it is today. So while ABestWeb may have given a lot to many of you, never forget what you have given ABestWeb. It's a symbiotic relationship that strengthens everyone who participates.

Anyway - I am very glad you are staying. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Although it seems that I don't hold the community aspect of this site as close to my heart as many do, I have to say that what keeps me coming back many times a day, every day, IS THE COMMUNITY HERE!

There are SO MANY people here that are 10 ( a bazzillion ) times smarter than I am and willing to share that brain power, that I hate to miss anything they say.

This place and the wonderful people that make it ABW are definitely a part of my everyday life......

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Recently some folks are questioning my dedication to ABestWeb and telling me it's time to move on or to not spend so much time here.
    That's beyond all comprehension & am very happy you're continuing on! For me, a fear was the possibility of losing established mods and their guidance. From industry-breaking news, finding pearls of marketing wisdom, receiving support from those who understand this wacky biz to just silly good times...ABW is a rare haven.

Thank you to Haiko & the dedicated mods who keep it on course!
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    "Recently some folks are questioning my dedication to ABestWeb and telling me it's time to move on or to not spend so much time here"

I hope that you always remain part of this community. I am not sure why anyone would question your dedication to Abestweb.

Abestweb is more than just an affiliate marketing forum.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    To your 20,000 post and beyond!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    That's beyond all comprehension & am very happy you're continuing on! For me, a fear was the possibility of losing established mods and their guidance. From industry-breaking news, finding pearls of marketing wisdom, receiving support from those who understand this wacky biz to just silly good times...ABW is a rare haven.

Thank you to Haiko & the dedicated mods who keep it on course!
    I agree 100%.

Don't you dare go anywhere loxly.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I am here because 1) nobody else really understands what it is that I do and 2) I have no life. LOL.

But seriously, when you're seeking knowledge, you go to the places that have it. This place is full of smart people that I often learn a thing or two from. Yeah, there are occasional bouts of drama, but that's what makes it interesting (sometimes TOO interesting ).

Without ABW, I'd probably still be beating my head against a wall, wondering what I'm doing wrong. I still occasionally beat my head against a wall, but it's much less often. LOL. And there's always something that encourages me to keep going when sometimes I don't always feel like it.

I have met a lot of caring and generous folks here and while I haven't had nearly as rough a ride as Loxly has, they've been there to pick me up and dust me off just the same.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I'm *still* here because I couldn't imagine life without ABW.

I have been here the past four years because of the community, the knowledge base and the peers who have helped my business grow and have kept me sane through the crazies.

And I have stayed because of Haiko and the man he is. I have the greatest respect for Haiko, his ethics, his "constancy of purpose" and his love and devotion to this industry. I trust Haiko absolutely because he's proven over many years to be genuine and real, never bending to pressure to give in or up, not being afraid to call a spade a spade and always looking out for the people who make this industry as great as it is.

Haiko has had my undying support and will continue to have it even though he will no longer be "admin" here. His spirit will live on and I trust Loxly, Michael Coley, Trust, Leader and all the other mods who I don't even know are mods (LOL) - Haiko created this community and his heart will remain here. I'll do my share to guard his heart and make sure ABW lives on in the spirit he created.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast