Downloading CJ Datafeeds
    Anybody else experiencing major problems with downloading datafeeds from CJ via ftp? For the past week or so, I have been getting timeout errors, dropped connections and it's taking 5-10 times longer for the datafeeds to process. I'm getting this at all times of the day, so it's not a peak download time issue.

Feels like they cut the bandwidth to save money to me. Any thoughts or similar experiences? I sent an email to their support area-- hope to hear something soon.

Thanks

Thumbs down
    yah . . . problems.

after a couple of timeouts on login, the FTP is slower than usual stepping between folders. now transfers are failing.

added: I still see one file transferring after the connection has aborted, but it's a large one and might not finish. it is running at 4.8KB/sec.

I've been experiencing problems too for about two weeks. I kind of thought the problems were caused by merchants updating their feeds at the same time I was trying to pull them. I pull 230 feed files from CJ, so something seems go go wrong quite frequently.

I've built a feed retrieval mechanism that caches 3 days worth of feeds so that I always have a good copy to work with. I also have been getting corrupt gzip files periodically.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Lightbulb
    file finally arrived, took 25 minutes for an 8.6Meg file.

can you tell when expanding if a gzip file is corrupted?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    can you tell when expanding if a gzip file is corrupted?
    Most client utilities will tell you. I use 7zip on windows and it always warns me. I also use SharpZipLib in my windows programs and it throws an exception when the file is corrupt.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

CJ Datafeeds
    Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear I'm not the only experiencing problems. My download has been running two hours and still has 4 hours to go---lightning fast! It normally takes about 20 minutes.

I'm trying the other option now (client ftp) to see if having CJ download files to my ftp site is faster.

I've been having timeout issues too. This has been going on several weeks. I wonder if it is a bandwidth issue from my ISP or something on their end.
    Your Ad Here.

I don't think the problem is on my end or with my ISP - It seemed to start when CJ switched from one large file already created to a large number of 'just in time' files - I figured they were having trouble getting the files zipped up in time for the ftp. Neither SAS or LS gives me any problem during the same download sessions. As already mentioned my CJ download has many (10-30) timeouts and it runs at 1/4 th speed of the other networks.

I'm having the same problem for about 2 months now. So I download the datafeed to my dedicated hosting box first, and then I download it from there to my home computer. I do it this way because my dedicated box has 100mbit connection, so at some moments when the downloading speed jumps back to normal 1+MByte/second I get the feed faster. The speed fluctuates between 10 kb/sec and 1+mb/sec.

I'm having the same problem. The zip file either comes corrupted or it times out. It's become a major issue over the past few weeks. Is CJ doing anything to fix this?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I'm having the same problem. The zip file either comes corrupted or it times out. It's become a major issue over the past few weeks. Is CJ doing anything to fix this?

- Scott
    I haven't reported it to CJ, has anyone?

Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff
    I haven't reported it to CJ, has anyone?
    I haven't; it has affected me only yesterday and today.

Excuse me for complaining - now it just is locked solid - nothing but timeout errors and no data being transmitted. I have started a ticket with CJ

I'm trying the other option now (client ftp) to see if having CJ download files to my ftp site is faster.
    I started moving this way a few days ago and like it a lot better than CJ ftp.

CJ ftp would empty the directory after so many days without an update. So far client ftp seems flawless, and I'm slowly converting all feeds over.

I had to give up on xml and go with pipe too. To many unprintable characters that stopped simpleXML, and as others have said a smaller file.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread