Merchant
    Do terminated ePN accounts have a chance?
    I just received a notice that my account will be terminated next week due to low quality clicks. I already sent a plea via the contact form on the EPN site. This is a horrible event.

We have spent thousands of engineering hours integrating systems, particularly ebay, into our group of sites. We are currently crammed with getting a lot of our projects live within the next couple of weeks before we go into an already late code freeze for the holidays. We have a marketing plan drawn out for the next two months, and now our affiliation with ebay will be terminated at a time when we are expecting to drive a great deal of quality traffic to our sites. And then I'd have to pull one of my engineers off another project to remove "everything ebay" from our systems, either that or I'd have to roll up my sleeves and use my engineering background to do it myself. But either way, this is a disaster.

I have literally teams of people working around the clock to launch new projects and enhance existing ones. Optimizing conversion is a priority. I am sure that quality will increase and continue to do so.

Why is that some ebay affiliates were contacted first by ePN and put on a review period and yet my account was not. They merely said I am terminated, and "You are not permitted to rejoin the eBay Partner Network" and "At this time, we are not reconsidering our decision. This is a one way email address. Please do not respond to this e-mail."

Is there a way to make ebay understand this without them sending an email stating we will be terminated and to not even reply? I can't even find a valid phone number for them. Normally I would receive a call from a vendor to have a discussion. This is shocking.

Does anything know of a valid phone number for their corporate office? All numbers I find are either out of service or just have automated messages.

Sincerely,
    Miguel

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I feel your pain.

One thing I learned long ago when I was unceremoniously booted from Adsense is that when you spend hundred of hours integrating these people into your website, you also write a switch into the software so that as soon as you get the dreaded email, 5 seconds later their links are gone from all of your web properties.

Q. Can you imagine how much money Ebay makes off people who have been kicked, but can't instantly remove eBay from all their pages.

A. Enough to make it worthwhile kicking people out for no good reason!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Can somebody help this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by neowhere
    I just received a notice that my account will be terminated next week due to low quality clicks. I already sent a plea via the contact form on the EPN site. This is a horrible event.

We have spent thousands of engineering hours integrating systems, particularly ebay, into our group of sites. We are currently crammed with getting a lot of our projects live within the next couple of weeks before we go into an already late code freeze for the holidays. We have a marketing plan drawn out for the next two months, and now our affiliation with ebay will be terminated at a time when we are expecting to drive a great deal of quality traffic to our sites. And then I'd have to pull one of my engineers off another project to remove "everything ebay" from our systems, either that or I'd have to roll up my sleeves and use my engineering background to do it myself. But either way, this is a disaster.

I have literally teams of people working around the clock to launch new projects and enhance existing ones. Optimizing conversion is a priority. I am sure that quality will increase and continue to do so.

Why is that some ebay affiliates were contacted first by ePN and put on a review period and yet my account was not. They merely said I am terminated, and "You are not permitted to rejoin the eBay Partner Network" and "At this time, we are not reconsidering our decision. This is a one way email address. Please do not respond to this e-mail."

Is there a way to make ebay understand this without them sending an email stating we will be terminated and to not even reply? I can't even find a valid phone number for them. Normally I would receive a call from a vendor to have a discussion. This is shocking.

Does anything know of a valid phone number for their corporate office? All numbers I find are either out of service or just have automated messages.

Sincerely,
    Miguel
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Here's the EPN partner complaint form.

Please write your complaint in between the two arrows on the following line and send it in. Please do not write outside the space between the two arrows.

-> <-

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Q. Can you imagine how much money Ebay makes off people who have been kicked, but can't instantly remove eBay from all their pages.

A. Enough to make it worthwhile kicking people out for no good reason!
    Yeah, I left the links up for a week after they suspended me thinking they would see their mistake -- it took them that long to respond to the info I sent them. When they said the information wasn't sufficient I immediately disabled all of the ebay links and started replacing with other affiliate links. I had sent them exactly what was asked for so I knew the outlook wasn't good. At any rate, they got a week of free traffic off me. Plus the traffic I sent that I haven't been paid for (almost $1k)

Never again.

Merchant
    It's strange, as I browse around on the forums, I find other people with similar problems with EPN. But their case they were given a chance to appeal or to be put on a review period while EPN requests information from them. In my case I haven't been given either courtesy.

We are getting ready to give up have already started the removal of ebay from our systems.

This is just horrible!

Merchant
    So far all I received is an email from them saying that they're going to review my case. Now I can't even log into the partner network site. I thought I was going to be disable but still log in. And I can't view the affiliate discussion board at ebay. "Error: you don't have permission to view the requested forum or category."

I would have at least expected to be able to log in to see reports/update my personal information,etc..

They way they handled this, starting with the unprofessional language in the letter of termination, is almost unbelievable. I remember when I first received the email, I checked the from address to verify that it was a valid source.

What type of company does business like this? We, the affiliates, helped ebay become the big business that it is, and now it seems we can go to hell. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by neowhere
    We, the affiliates, helped ebay become the big business that it is, and now it seems we can go to hell. So sad.

Yep

I know a bunch of people who have been kicked out of ePN but continue to use their listings as long-tail SEO for AdSense. The idea seems to be coming from this site: (link drop). I have this site bookmarked as a backup plan in case ePN ever decides to give me the boot.
    Last edited by Trust; November 10th, 2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: link drop

You beat me to it Trust.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

well there could be another stories for it. iam thinking not sure but there are chances it could be like anyone of possibilities like below

1. they dont want organic traffic bcos they can get plenty on their own.

or

2. the ebay employees simply terminate the account and employees could take the money .. as since probably ebay affiliate department could simply make a excel file with email ids and money to be paid and send it to paypal..

its just my view...

It appears that ePN mistreating affiliates and sending them scrambling off to Amazon has come back to bite them squarely on the rear.

Normally I would provide a reference to the original article, but it seems that posting any kind of URL is a no-no around here, so I'll just post an excerpt from the NY Times article.

"EBay has been taking steps to improve its e-commerce business. It has ranked top-rated sellers, so buyers can be more confident about trusting them, and has given merchants discounts if they offer free shipping. EBay also started Fashion Vault, a site that sells deeply discounted designer goods for limited times, a model that has been popularized by sites like Gilt. It is trying to improve its search technology so shoppers can more easily find items.

Still, though shoppers are spending more money than ever online, more of them are going to sites other than eBay. Amazon.com, which has long had fewer monthly unique visitors than eBay, had an average six million more in the holidays, according to comScore. Walmart.com and other offline store Web sites are attracting more shoppers."

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread