I found several similar sites, and they all have the same thing going on. Could someone please tell me how they do it?

For example, look at this website:

http://www.garage-doors-n-openers.com

The home page has a PR5, and every single page has a nice PR.
    I have read everywhere that to get a good PR, you need to have several websites pointing to yours. I did a link popularity check for this one, and no one is pointing to them, except for themselves! How did they get such a good PR if no one is linking to them? How did they get a good PR for every single page of their site????

Amazing, maybe I am missing something?

he has no inbound links at all from other sites? so how could he be given a page rank of 5

ABW Ambassador
    Did you test for backlinks on any of the other pages?
    It's possible that the PR is coming in from someone linking to an interior page, and passing it to the home page.

They do have some funky page stuff happening though. http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ga...&sa=N&filter=0

ABW Ambassador
    Flying in the face of all Google tales, this site with no inbound links has a PR5 on the basis of it's wealth of content, I believe. Now garage doors may not be everyone's favorite read, but this person has created a great resource for everything you may have ever wanted to know about garage doors with a minimum of affiliate links. I guess Google just liked that.

Wayne

This is a fairly common thing. Good content, multiple internal links, and they most likely have a few links in from pages with a pr 3 or less that don't show up but do count.

Don't know why but three sites now up to PR6 and the others almost universally up to PR5. Not much has changed.

I don't swap links generally speaking. All incoming links, other than self generated, are volunteers. I have no content on the sales sites other than the names of the products for sale, just affiliate links.

But, Google likes the way I design pages. Actually, they may not be pretty, but they aren't bad and they have what people want in my area of expertise. Maybe, that is the clue. They have what people want.

Don't know that it really matters. What is important is how the search terms come up and they were generally OK before.

I just keep building sites on different domains and linking the whole mess together. Must be that.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    Flying in the face of all Google tales, this site with no inbound links has a PR5 on the basis of it's wealth of content, I believe. Now garage doors may not be everyone's favorite read, but this person has created a great resource for everything you may have ever wanted to know about garage doors with a minimum of affiliate links. I guess Google just liked that.

Wayne <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For your theory to be correct, I think a human from Google would have had to actually review it, to see that there was quality and not just quantity to the content.

Otherwise someone could just write pages and pages of fairly worthless blather and automatically get a PR5! From what I can see, the algo alone still can't tell the *quality* of the content on a page...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

interesting guyz, thanks for the feedback, it may well be the content.. who knows,.... something strange though about it...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread