Affiliate Manager Veena krishnappa's Avatar
    17 people who changed the Internet
    I came upon this bit of information when i was searching for information on Facebook. I thought it would be nice to share it with everyone.

http://www.skidzopedia.com/2008/11/2...anced-the-web/

They are really amazing and admirable people. I'm excited of what would be the internet's future developments....

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    humm.. what happened to Al Gore who founded the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    humm.. what happened to Al Gore who founded the internet
    Maybe he's another lying politician ??

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Manager
    You'd think that privatizing a once-obscure closed network would have merited mention.

"In all fairness, Gore is the person who, in the Congress, most systematically worked to make sure that we got to an Internet"
    - Newt Gingrich

"I think it is very fair to say that the Internet would not be where it is in the United States without the strong support given to it and related research areas by the vice president in his current role and in his earlier role as senator."
    - Vincent Cerf
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Here's the Snopes article on Gore and the Internet:

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Let's not detract from a good post about those who changed the Internet by turning it into something political.

These 17 people certainly can be an inspiration to us all.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager Veena krishnappa's Avatar
    The author does not think that Al Gore helped anything to change internet. He has mentioned his views about this in the comments in the article when he was questioned by many people regarding Al gore.

Quite an extraordinary list of achievers. There's not one who hasn't touched our online lives in some way! Was surprised that Steve Case (AOL...remember when it was Mac only?) and Marc Andressen (Netscape) not on the list, but realized this list is geared more towards those who created a biz that most of us have interacted with.

They all began with the same thing: an idea. Then made it real.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    No such list and no such discussion can be considered accurate, much less even resembling complete, without mention of the single most important person in the development of the internet, the man whose research, writings, and development led to him putting together the first practical application of an actual "internet-like" set up, in 1969.

I'm talking about Prof. Leonard Kleinrock of UCLA's Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science. After years of R & D through the 1960s, in 1969 (while I was attending UCLA - I had nothing to do with it, though, I was a Political Science major) an actual 4-node network with Stanford (and its SRI -Stanford Research Institute), the University of Santa Barbara, and the University of Utah, was established, putting into application for the first time, Kleinrock's queueing theory, which led to the development of "packet switching" and the internet. This network, named "ARPANET" WAS the beginning of the internet, started in 1969, at UCLA.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Lo & Behold!
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    No such list and no such discussion can be considered accurate, much less even resembling complete, without mention of the single most important person in the development of the internet, the man whose research, writings, and development led to him putting together the first practical application of an actual "internet-like" set up, in 1969.

I'm talking about Prof. Leonard Kleinrock of UCLA's Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science.
    Absolutely!! A short video of Prof. Kleinrock discussing the first computer connection to the Internet: http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla...aspx?fid=28176

Here's the record of the first message ever transmitted over ARPANET: http://www.lk.cs.ucla.edu/first_words.html
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veena krishnappa
    I came upon this bit of information when i was searching for information on Facebook. I thought it would be nice to share it with everyone.

http://www.skidzopedia.com/2008/11/2...anced-the-web/
    Veena, thank you for sharing this interesting article. Now I know that Matt Mullenweg is the creator of WordPress. I am a big WP user.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread