GAN Employees you have no idea what's going on do you
    I reveived this email from you 2 days ago...

You have earned commissions for the Google Affiliate Network
    account associated with the above KID. However your payment is delayed
    because the account is not yet linked to an approved Google AdSense
    account If you don't link this account by Saturday, October 31st, the
    Google Affiliate Network account associated with the above KID will be closed.

I replied right away saying I applied for Adsense months ago and have no red box when I login.

So then I get an email saying....

There is no red message box because you have already started your
    application to AdSense, but have not finished this application.

When you applied for AdSense, you received an email asking you to verify
    your email address. You must click on the link in this verification email
    in order to confirm your email address. Until you complete this process,
    we'll be unable to review your application for AdSense.

If you haven't received your verification email, it may be in the
    Bulk/Spam folder of your email account, so please check there before
    requesting a replacement.

To request that the email verification message be resent:

1. Visit the AdSense homepage at www.google.com/adsense.
    2. Sign in using the email address and password provided with your
    application.
    3. Click the Sign In button.
    4. Click Send.
    5. Check your email account.

I never received the message you are talking about, so I followed your steps, but when I go to google.com/adsense like you said, it won't let me login. So then I tried the reset password feature and it said "No such account found" when I used my email address.

I never received the message you are talking about, so I followed your steps, but when I go to google.com/adsense like you said, it won't let me login. So then I tried the reset password feature and it said "No such account found" when I used my email address.
    The same thing happened to me too and I finally just gave up on them and don't use their network anymore.

There are plenty of networks and merchants out there besides them and their merchants.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

There are several merchants there that aren't on other networks that I wish I didn't have to stop working with just because of GAN incompetence, but seems like I won't have a choice. Looks like I've have to waste my whole weekend switching out links. I'm glad I see a "Google Merchants w/ Programs Elsewhere" thread by leeann that will help alot,

I should also add I found an email from back in august where I was told I already taken the steps...

It looks like you have already taken steps to link your Google Affiliate
    Network account with your AdSense account. Your current request is
    "Pending." To check the status of your request, you can log into your
    Google Affiliate Network account, go to Settings > Profile and scroll down
    to AdSense Profile Status and Information.

You will receive a confirmation email once your linking request has been
    completed.

Best,

Affiliate Publisher Support
    Google Affiliate Network

I know the answer ..

They have PINKY working @ GAN .. no wonders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I should go watch some Pinky & the Brain episodes, it'll help my aggravation

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I replied with "why are you telling me to link to my adsense account when you kicked me out of adsense years ago?"

Didn't get a reply, strangely.

I see about a hundred people replying saying they have the same "No such account found" errors at your own forums and no GAN employees bothering to reply there also

google.com/support/forum/p/affiliatenetwork/

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy
    I see about a hundred people replying saying they have the same "No such account found" errors at your own forums and no GAN employees bothering to reply there also

google.com/support/forum/p/affiliatenetwork/
    GAN says it's no big deal. It's only 1%...nothing for the merchants to concern themselves about. I wonder if they'll be singing the same tune when merchants start to see their sales drop. But by then the holiday season will be over.

We asked for merchant support early on, to help in getting GAN/Goog to offer alternatives, but as you can see, those who did speak up had zero influence.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I am now getting emails from them to reapply and how it shouldn't be a problem since I already have an adsense account.

They also said "Please note that Google Affiliate Network cannot reactivate or restore
    your account."

I'm not going to bother, it they are going to make me waste weeks of my time trying to find all their old links, I'd rather just replace them with another network.

ABW Ambassador
    "They also said "Please note that Google Affiliate Network cannot reactivate or restore
    your account."

So they basically lied to you.

Was just reading a little about it on their blog -
    http://googleaffiliatenetwork-blog.b...tegration.html

They also twittered it about an hour ago...

So if they wish to close out 2009 how are they going to accomplish that for those that could not get an adsense account?
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

So, Google Affiliate Network Moderator, who keeps reading this thread, why did I keep getting lied to? I was told back in august my account was linked, but I still got deactivated. So are your co-workers malicious, or just incompetent?

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello Shimmy,

Are you still approved for Adsense? Please feel free to contact support for further assistance: http://www.google.com/support/affili...bin/request.py

Thank you,

Jamie

Wow what a useless response, this entire thread states I'm already approved for adsense, and it already shows many responses from your support team. So, why are use asking questions you already know the answer to?, and why are you telling to contact support when you know I repeatedly did. Are you playing dumb or did you just not read anything?

Hello,

If you would like to work with me regarding this matter, please send me your publisher ID directly. I'm more than happy to help in a nice, individual way and can not solve your specific issue in a public forum.

Have a nice weekend,

Jamie

I have emailed you directly, and you were not helpful. You're just another GAN employee that gives useless autoresponses, below is the one you sent me, the same autorespose given to me by many of your coworkers. The only GAN employee that does not give me an autoresponse is the one who lied to me, and she's not helpful either.
    ---------
    Hello,

Unfortunately, your Google Affiliate Network account was not linked to an approved AdSense account by the October 31, 2009 deadline. As a result your Google Affiliate Network account has been closed.

Please note that Google Affiliate Network cannot reactivate or restore your account.

You are welcome to open a new account with us at this time. To apply for a new Google Affiliate Network account, please visit our application page: http://www.google.com/support/affili...&answer=107691

If you already have an AdSense account, great! We just need you to enter your AdSense publisher ID in the application page, along with the primary/business contact email address on your AdSense account. Please note, this email address may differ from your primary/business contact address in our Google Affiliate Network account.

Was your application to AdSense declined? Check out this helpful information before resubmitting your application to AdSense: https://google.com/adsense/support/b...n&answer=75109

Did you previously have an AdSense account which was disabled? Here's helpful information about disabled accounts in AdSense and your options for appeal: https://google.com/adsense/support/b...n&answer=57153

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope we'll be able to work with you again in the future.

Regards,

Affiliate Publisher Support
    Google Affiliate Network

Hi again,

I don't send auto responses and sign things personally. Like I said and messaged you, I'd be happy to work with you directly and further review your situation.

Thanks!

Jamie

Well contacting GAN via PM wasn't any help. They first reply was another autosponse, the very same one I already pasted in the first post of this thead. Then came 2 weeks of emailing back and forth where it actually looked like I was going to get help. But the end result was them setting up an account for me start over. When I was already very clear that I would not bother replacing their links, I already said if they were going to make me waste my time trying to find all their old links, I'd rather just replace them with another network.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread