Gan? Patting Yourselves on the Back Yet?
    So Gan -- do you think, job well done?

Let's look at what you've accomplished:

• You merged your accounting and payment procedures.

• You've managed to lock out hundreds (probably thousands) of long term good affiliates, removing their ability to produce untold revenue (my guess is that it will be millions of loss dollars when it's over with) from your merchants at a crucial time of the year.

• You've made a lot of people get Adsense and now they will be running ads on merchant's pages, which in the past were dedicated pages. Another example of removing money from your merchant's pockets.

• You've made it so new affiliates interested in joining GAN merchant's programs will have to wait about two months until they get an Adsense approved site. You are backlogged by that much at least. More sales/money coming out of your merchants pockets. Your competition (SAS, LS, CJ) has no such barrier.

• You've made it impossible for non-Adsense affiliates to get into their accounts for the purpose of auditing and making sure they have been properly paid. When asked for help, you sent the same answers which did not work. Was that good for an office chuckle? Seeing people frustrated and angry? Now people cannot even get in to verify their earnings.

• You've confused all affiliates on when they will be getting paid.

• You've severed long-term relationships between affiliates and merchants -- many of which may never get resolved.
    So, job well done Google? Not this time. Not at all.

You do not have a properly trained staff or enough employees to handle all the problems people experienced.

You are out-of-balance. Too many problems - - too few to help.

It the printed instructions your employees are told to send out do not work, your employees are stuck for an answer.

Maybe working on training your staff is where you should have begun this fiasco.

This is by far, the worst thing I have ever seen in the years I have been an affiliate.
    Last edited by leeann; October 31st, 2009 at 11:18 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say Google and eBay are having a competition to see who can screw up their affiliate system the fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say Google and eBay are having a competition to see who can screw up their affiliate system the fastest.
    Don't forget LinkShare of OneCause fame...

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    Don't forget LinkShare of OneCause fame...
    Yep. During this entire thing I kept trying to weigh out what was worst -- OneCause or this move Google made. I think the Google deal is worse.. but if not, definitely nose to nose.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

It certainly rivals LinkShare's Synergy Analytics and CJ's LMI, mistakes that were largely abandoned.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It certainly rivals LinkShare's Synergy Analytics and CJ's LMI, mistakes that were largely abandoned.
    Agreed, Michael. But, unfortunately, in this case it has been many productive affiliates that have been literally abandoned by the Google Affiliate Network; and that is truly shameful. I'm sure many of those affs were around before the Big G acquired the old ConnectCommerce / Performics network. I know I was an aff there in the "old" days.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Fortunately, I've never done anything with GAN and Linkshare, so I haven't had to suffer through such idiocy and blatant mess-ups as that.

EPN, though, is a totally different story. I've had my EPN account terminated and restored 3 times in 3 months. And the last time it was restored -- I never received the payment showing due in my account for the Oct. 25th payment date.

Been in touch with EPN regarding that payment, getting a total run around, and cannot get anyone to tell me why I wasn't paid and when I'll be paid. Just keep getting automated customer service response emails with stuff like "I've passed your information along to the Finance Team to add to their case file. Please be patient."

Grrrr.

I'm truly thankful I never got caught up in this GAN mess, too, and feel deep sympathy for those who are suffering through such bureaucratic idiocy and income loss.

Someone -- please tell me again what a wonderful thing affiliate marketing is, with such great opportunities.
    Generate more fake news.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Fortunately, I've never done anything with GAN and Linkshare, so I haven't had to suffer through such idiocy and blatant mess-ups as that.

EPN, though, is a totally different story. I've had my EPN account terminated and restored 3 times in 3 months. And the last time it was restored -- I never received the payment showing due in my account for the Oct. 25th payment date.

Been in touch with EPN regarding that payment, getting a total run around, and cannot get anyone to tell me why I wasn't paid and when I'll be paid. Just keep getting automated customer service response emails with stuff like "I've passed your information along to the Finance Team to add to their case file. Please be patient."

Grrrr.

I'm truly thankful I never got caught up in this GAN mess, too, and feel deep sympathy for those who are suffering through such bureaucratic idiocy and income loss.

Someone -- please tell me again what a wonderful thing affiliate marketing is, with such great opportunities.
    Affiliate marketing is a wonderful thing with great opportunities.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Don't forget about the new expanded fear of being terminated from Adsense. If you screw up with Adsense now you are also blowing your entire GAN business. superCool is guessing that many big GAN players might rethink their Adsense usage to avoid the risk. we've all heard of people getting booted from Adsense for no apparent reason, so now the stakes are higher.

at least that's the way superCool sees things, but he could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Affiliate marketing is a wonderful thing with great opportunities.
    Ah, good.

I feel better now.
    Generate more fake news.

Remember: "...any publisher can be terminated at any time for any reason." Google (GAN) 2009
    Lol, I have seen some crappy terms, but wow. I honestly love Google, they offer a ton of valuable services, but it sounds like this program is really bringing them WAY down. Get it together guys....

15 years and counting
    Performics and GAN have never been on the good side. Their stupid management has been helping parasites for years. So, don't be astonished of their anti-affiliates policies. Who knows what could be next?

Quote Originally Posted by superCool
    Don't forget about the new expanded fear of being terminated from Adsense. If you screw up with Adsense now you are also blowing your entire GAN business. superCool is guessing that many big GAN players might rethink their Adsense usage to avoid the risk. we've all heard of people getting booted from Adsense for no apparent reason, so now the stakes are higher.

at least that's the way superCool sees things, but he could be wrong.
    I agree with you. It would be very risky business to put much effort into building Google affiliate network relations with the Adsense deal hanging over your head. All it would take to put anyone out of business is a jealous competitor. The Google rep has been asked what kind of security measure they have in place will help insure this from not happening. Last I checked, there was no real answer given.
    leeann

Maybe Google figures they've got too much money and they don't want any more. Today's Wall Street Journal shows Google sitting on $22 billion in cash. Why is it the bigger companies get, the less obligated they feel the need to provide service to their customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
    Why is it the bigger companies get, the less obligated they feel the need to provide service to their customers?
    There seems to be a certain type of arrogance that large companies sometimes fall victim to. They obviously know what you want and need better than you do because they're more successful than you are and therefore smarter than you. For some reason this arrogance seems to be almost exclusive to large companies, government agencies and doctors.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Oh yeah. Doctors are the worst. They either won't answer your questions, make you feel stupid for even asking, or just ask you to accept their authority on the matter, 'nuff said.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
    Oh yeah. Doctors are the worst. They either won't answer your questions, make you feel stupid for even asking, or just ask you to accept their authority on the matter, 'nuff said.
    All the while accepting backhanders form the drug companies for pumping you full of their products.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread