Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yes I am very very pissed!

two years ago I don't have a clue on how to do a website or html or any of Affiliate marketing.

But by my own determination to learn and learn and read and read. I learn this business quite nice.

But I am not an expert and don't know much about programming or how to do a regular website that everyone knows.

We do our site very different the way we know how. To some people they call it very ugly, which it's fine by me, it's making us money and we are not doing anything tricks for clicks or bho's, stuffing cookies or anything.

We don't use anyones sites to our advantage!

We have been targeted so many times it's not funny (for having such an ugly sites! we sure get alot of crap from some POS website owner! that thinks their site is the best.)

I have a feeling that one of the sites that using our links to their advantage is an ABW member and I have emailed him or her to remove our links that have some ugly notes about our site but at the same time using it for their sites advantage!

It maybe using others like it.

But pls. I do this work not to pissed anyone or take advantage of people!

You just don't know how pissed off I am!
    I am ready to get my mechete (sp?) to cut some freaking d*ck off!

You want to target us or make us quit, well you are feaking dreaming because payback is a MOFO!

I am sick and tired of people taking advantage of anyone for their own benifit when we are trying our best to do it in the right way, ugly or not, I learn it on my own and did on my own without copying or putting some stupid comment about other sites! It's our own and we don't copy or do shit with anyone!

You don't judge a book by it's cover, your site might be great looking but inside is pull of nasty rotton meat full of muggets!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I am ready to get my mechete (sp?) to cut some freaking d*ck off! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweetie, I'm going to bed for a nap, pls forgive me for locking the door.

So sorry Nova, I know how you feel. I have been targetted so many times and had people trying to sabotage me too.

This used to be a simple, fun business, but it has turned so ugly over the past few years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This used to be a simple, fun business, but it has turned so ugly over the past few years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because people (shouldn't call them people they don't deserve it even animals is not appropriate name for these scumbags pos muggets!) are so freaking greedy and no brain to use to create their own creative idea's without taking advantage of others!

Network and Merchants need to do something, because the more people (the good one) you pissed off the more shit is going to hit the fan.

I am tired of these scumbags leaches that I will do something about it!

Wanna hear a Kaboom??? it's time to make some noise!

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    Nova,

Are these the people that have pages that do nothing more than list other people's sites?

That really bothers me too.

Lily

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry to hear you are so distraught. Yeah, it's really sad. So many people trying to make a buck online that they forget about right and wrong very easily. I hope this gets worked out for you, and if your sites are ugly, and you are still making good money... then you are certainly doing something right. It's a shame that someone who can make a pretty site doesn't use their brain and actually make money the right way since they seem to have the talent to get things done.

I do have to admit though, Happypoon's comic relief gave me a really good laugh though.
    I forgot what I was doing.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've seen your sites and one has a great layout page for my suspender merchant. Certainly your sites are far from ugly. Thought I was awarded the ABW ugly site title. I choke dialup cheapskate customers and site copiers on a healthy dose of savvy shopper bargains. Keeps the riff-raff off my site and I thought the ABW site bashers targeting me not some dear soul like Nova.

Shame on them and their greed driven tricks for putting Nova in a mood where Poon has to nap behind locked doors...chill pill time dear. Also yell at Haiko for not putting up a "worse practices" section where we can OUT the buggers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

@Miss Aunt Lily,

I am not sure, but I seen sites like you were asking.

If this sites don't remove our link soon I will put the url here!

It's one of those days that I feel like choking someone or cut something off! :-)

I hate and despice (sp?) people that don't know how to appreciate humanity and being alive.
    You get one chance of life, use it right and don't take advantage of others!

Poon's are safe and not going to be harm! I promise! lol...

Well you could certainly try to tell us more about what is going on. I know I'm curious and willing to try to help you and yes even the poon himself.

Here's the story!

I am checking Google and type in my domain
    and seen that alot of sites are using our domain name on their title of what you see on google which I click on and look around where the text that is showing is.

found it and then read the intro about it and they are using our description but change some of it and put uglystore comment.

I am not pissed off on the ugly comment I am pissed that they are on top 3 for using our domain.

They are benifiting from our domain at the same time talking shit about it?

ABW Ambassador
    Can't you e-mail their isp about this kinda thing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bpal:
    Can't you e-mail their isp about this kinda thing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

forgive me if I don't understand what you mean to your question!

Not familiar with isp stuff, I just know how to create a page hand made via html :-)

How very rude. Probably comes under the "fair comment" part of the law so I doubt there is much you can do.

Maddening as all get out, though.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ISP (internet service provider) but there is nothing they could or would do about it. You have yourself something that looks bad now but in fact is a goldmine of a lawsuit. You'll be smiling in the courts for a defaming of your name lawsuit.

Ssanf I agree it might be fair comment but I wonder since they are a competitor if it's looked at differently.

Nova, if you'd like, send me the info via PM and I'll do my best to help
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

I am not familiar of the law about fair comment, but what I seen is has nothing to do what that site did about fair comment!

Using our description and remove some and put uglystore in it is not what Miss SSanf is saying (which I understand what she is saying and seen something like that!).

PM send Akiva

Thanks a bunch!

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Seems to me Nova has a lot to stand in court with if they are using her domain name without permission.

On a side note, I know how it feels to be told your sites are "ugly". The only thing that matters Nova is if you like it and if it's making money

My sites are very ugly. The worse they look the better I do. I actually want people to say ick! and click the merchants link just to get away from the horror.

ABW Ambassador
    Lol, M.McNabb.

Nova, I mean I have heard of people copying other sites and an email to their ISP can sometimes have the questionable site taken down or something since there is infringement. You meantioned something about a description being copied. Is that any text straight off of your site or just the title? Are they copying more than just something general, or is it just the title along with trash talking?

Poon,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sweetie, I'm going to bed for a nap, pls forgive me for locking the door. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ROTFLMAO!!! Don't blame ya Poon.

Nova,

As for what ever people think of your sites, who cares. I've always admitted my sites are some of the ugliest around. As long as they work on making money, I'll keep building the ugly sites Alot of us don't have the talent that many of the others here do. I seen alot of top notch sites from ABW's and they should be proud of them. Only a couple here have ever slammed my sites and to me I just take it in stride.

As for someone linking to your site just to profit without your permission is a bunch of crap IMO. I find the same thing alot of times searching for my site, where someone has a description with my site name in it, but nowhere can I find my site on theirs.

M.McNabb,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My sites are very ugly. The worse they look the better I do. I actually want people to say ick! and click the merchants link just to get away from the horror. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Shhhhh! Don't be giving the secret away
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Nova,

Uh oh, someone must have forgotten to take their hormone pills this morning?

When I saw the thread title and then read it was from you I about fell on the floor. Holy pissed off batman! Poon, lock that door.

To the person who is ripping on your site, better watch out, she's coming to get ya and "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman's Scorn"

Hey Nova, I'm with you, I'm pissed about this too, I'v been targeted so many times too. Why cant people make there own creative ways to premote merchants? Also I'm pissed on so many different issues these days related to other affiliates, like Nova's issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bpal:
    Lol, M.McNabb.

Nova, I mean I have heard of people copying other sites and an email to their ISP can sometimes have the questionable site taken down or something since there is infringement. You meantioned something about a description being copied. Is that any text straight off of your site or just the title? Are they copying more than just something general, or is it just the title along with trash talking? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They have our description (that is from our meta description) on their page along with the uglystore comment.

from typing on query of our domain to google the results shows our domain and the description that he/she copied from our source code of html and he modified one word that puts uglystore on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast