Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am working on creating a deal with BLAH BLAH

To build a new affiliate driven site to represent there store.

The question is - would anyone be willing to add his or her 2 cents to the entire process of building a new site for a merchant?

I think it would be fun and informative, this merchant is willing to at a bare minimum give me $20.00 to accomplish this task! His quote "Bring me 536 clicks and I will bring you at least one sale or I'll put 20 bucks in your account."

I am requesting not only the $20.00 but also the 7.95 for the darned domain name!

Input is greatly appreciated.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Give the cheapskate merchant your best moon shot SandraR
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Reality Site building might actually help a lot of people understand this business...

I'm with mike on this one Sandra ! And while you're at it, you can give me your best shot too

Fred

Sandra, I saw the other thread...I would give it a shot. With your talent I think you might could make some money. Good luck and keep us posted!

Brad

How much should we ask of the merchant?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    How much should we ask of the merchant? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea what the going rate is. I've seen your work and think somewhere between 500 and 1,000. Does that sound too low?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    How much should we ask of the merchant? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Nothing. (you wanted reality)

It's a great idea though. I used to love reading Chris's daily updates on the merchant side about that body piercing site.

Thanks all for the encouragement.

We are going only on the premise of traffic not my skills. The CONVERSION ratio.

The PM talks are in the works... he is smiling…

But he is stuck on the damn $20 for 513 clicks and he guarantees a sale. I am thinking 513 clicks it better be a sale that leads to more sales and at least???

WHAT???
    My perception of reality Site building… What does everyone else but me think should be right. In that way I am not the only person outraged!

Once he agrees we can all chat about his program... OHHHHHHHHH

http and a telephoto
    First, you are going to build the site just for the one merchant and not include anything else? That alone is a break from tradition....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Sandra

I don't see what your problem is. He's going to guarantee that his program will give you at least one sale in 536 clicks or he will GIVE you $20.

You spent 8 bucks for a domain.
    Your other site has given you nothing.
    The new site will give you at least $20, and perhaps much more.

Either agree and go to town or don't agree and forget his offer. Why do you have to try and get more for nothing? Get the site up and see what happens.

If you decide not to do the offer, I'll buy the domain from you sight unseen for the same price you paid.

wyvern,

I am waiting to chat up Haiko so we can make this a fun event. Newbie’s can have an opportunity to learn a few tricks and everyone can put their 2 cents in so we all can learn.

This board has always been about learning and understanding how things work!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loxly:
    First, you are going to build the site just for the one merchant and not include anything else? That alone is a break from tradition.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great point!

It is not my intention to only have 1 merchant - This merchant similar to Audible will be the highlighted merchant.

ABW Ambassador
    Sandra,

No problem with me. I think it's a great idea.

You asked for input from others and that was just my perception from what I read in the 2 threads.

Sandra,

For $28 you bring in 513 clicks. This equals 5.5 cents per click.

To make a profit on the $28 requires a sales amount of $233 or more at Howie's 12% commission rate.

If all you had to pay was the $8 for the domain name and the traffic was FREE, you would need a sales total of $66 to cover the cost of the domain name.

The key point is that the number of sales is irrelevant. It's the total amount of the sales that matters.

For example: You get 514 click thrus of which 257 are FREE and 257 are Overture 5 cent minimum cost clicks, you are paying 2.5 cents per click on average. Total cost including domain name $20.85.

If you don't make total sales of $173.75 you lose money.

The only way it's profitable making ONE sale in 513 click thrus is if the sales amount is a guaranteed number or a per click greater than the average cost per click for the site.

There is no such thing as FREE traffic. All traffic costs something - domain name, bandwidth, time etc. You have to amortize it all into the equations.

Reality is such a ***** isn't it? .

Excellent point Jersey Jean

http and a telephoto
    Just a note: Overture is a dime minimum now, the nickel is gone.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Ok folks it’s a go!

This is the deal:

Howie has agreed to:

Pay the $20.00 if he cannot convert a sale within 3,000 clicks

Pay the domain name purchase: $8.00

And if all else fails my choice of product from his site.

I worked a few hours on the template:

Howie likes #1 --- I like #2

Let us know which one you like better. Remember they are not complete only a template waiting to be built.

#1 - http://www.lingeriegoodies.com/sub_index.html

#2 - http://www.lingeriegoodies.com/index.html

His site as it stand: http://www.1lingeriestore.com/

Which template brought woody?

Both look good but I like 2 the best.

Ebudae

ABW Ambassador
    Both of them look great. When you say template do you mean you edited one, or you made it from scratch? What program do you use if you don't mind me asking?
    I forgot what I was doing.

I liked the first one, Howie's choice. The second one is good too.

This is a promising start for what could be a good thread. Good luck Sandra!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bpal:
    Both of them look great. When you say template do you mean you edited one, or you made it from scratch? What program do you use if you don't mind me asking? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have built so many templates while doing this business; I am lazy and simply modify templates purchased from Template Monster (affiliate program), unless I am being paid to create a unique site.

To modify the templates I utilize 4 different programs.

Namo
    Photoshop
    ImagesPals 2.0
    MacromediaFlash

Namo to create the logo and buttons. If I do purchase a template, I normally change it so much you would never know it, by changing colors and layout. To change layout I utilize Photoshop and Images Pals 2 version 2.0 (The very first version of Photoshop). For this specific template I am modifying with MacromediaFlash.

Sandra,

I so wanted to play this game, but it look like you already decided. I like the one you went with! (I did see the other one, but purple gets me every time.)

Hope it works for you.

Beth

Hello All,

OOPS - Beth wanted to get a move on this, I like the purple/pink colors also! Since Howie like them better also I went with it.

http://www.lingeriegoodies.com/

While I literally goofed off most of the day I was able to get the design and data feed uploaded.

Next step is to tweak all Meta tags - then read up on the new SEO problems of the day!

If you have any questions or feel I need to make some changes, please add your input!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast