ABW Ambassador
    Bye Bye GeoCities
    There was another thread about this but couldn't find it but they're gone -

"Ten years after Yahoo! bought GeoCities, the company announced that it would shut down the service on October 26, 2009. GeoCities websites actually became unavailable on October 27, 2009."

And it looks like they were removed with the quickness - http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...ient=firefox-a

nada

Don't think I ever had a geocities page, my first page was some web space from Prodigy. I wish I would have saved it for nostalgic purposes. I had a very cool animated gifs page. Tripod is still hanging in there, just tried visiting one of those pages and pop, pop, pop....

I think I had played with some GeoCities creation way back when...

Speaking of animated gifs. I still use the very first one I ever created. It is still on a couple of very old sites - that still get quite a bit of traffic.

Here's CRABBY: He is now in his eleventh year...

Of course it was originally on a site for a place in which steamed crabs are popular.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Be very interesting to watch the SERPs in coming months as all that link juice and referral traffic disappears.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like it's already gone from the Yahoo and Google indexes, MSN/Bing is lagging behind as usual - http://www.bing.com/search?q=site%3A...go=&form=QBRE3

all going to

Sorry, the GeoCities website you were trying to reach is no longer available.
    GeoCities has closed, but Archive.org may have preserved the site you are looking for.
    To find out, visit Archive.org and enter the site's web address in the field provided.

http and a telephoto
    I had many Geocities sites "back in the day". Mostly for clubs and things I was involved in. It's been a few years since I could log into any of them, and downloaded all the files years ago too.

Never did Angelfire. I did Hypermart and other free hosts that are long gone until domains dropped below $35 a year.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Oh, the good old times... Geocities, Tripod, Virtualave.net

Online Marketing Consultant
    hahah don't forget angelfire.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

I started affiliate marketing on free geocities sites until I realized people might just be clicking the yahoo ads on the right. Probably some of yours. lol.
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread