Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    EzineArticles Processing Time
    I wrote 3 pretty good articles on EzineArticles yesterday for a new website. After submitting, it says the approval process can take 7 days.

Based on your experience, are they close to the 7 days?

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    Yes, the last one I posted took 6 calendar days to appear on the site. That was last September, though, so your experience may differ.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

My last 3 articles took between 10 and 18(!!) days. A week or two ago on twitter, Ezines wrote that they are slow and have over 3000 emails backlog right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lintlin
    My last 3 articles took between 10 and 18(!!) days. A week or two ago on twitter, Ezines wrote that they are slow and have over 3000 emails backlog right now.
    Ouch!

ABW Ambassador
    Mine take between 10 days to 2 weeks. I am almost an expert author now - aparently this will speed up the review process. As a result of the delay, I focuss on other directories...

Yup, mine have taken up to a couple of weeks to be approved so far. Not sure if it is because I am newish to their site.

All have been approved, which was about 3 days processing.

Depends on the niche that we're talking about. Ezine is really, really quick for my real estate articles(like 2 days max) but takes the entire week for my wine articles on average.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I got an email from them offering a membership service - you pay to get your articles reviewed before others and a few other things.
    I deleted it right away so I don't remember how much they were asking, but it wasn't cheap.
    I guess they aren't making enough with Adsense.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    I got an email from them offering a membership service - you pay to get your articles reviewed before others and a few other things.
    I deleted it right away so I don't remember how much they were asking, but it wasn't cheap.
    I guess they aren't making enough with Adsense.
    I believe that's their "Premium" membership, and it runs either $97 or $99 PER MONTH. As far as I can tell reading about it, the only advantage (?) it has over the free memberships is supposedly getting your articles reviewed within 1 or 2 days. It also lets you schedule the appearance of articles somehow if you want to stagger their release on the site. I'm not exactly sure about all that stuff.

As for approval -- I generally in recent weeks have been getting my submissions approved within 2-3 business days. I submitted one last week, and even with the U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday stuff going on, it was approved within 2 days.
    Generate more fake news.

I believe the time it takes to get articles approved depends on the volume of articles submitted during a certain period. I've submitted quite a number of articles under various author names and on various subjects and the time it took for them to be approved range from 2 days to 2 weeks.

Lateley I am seeing approval times for all my articles at around 18-24 hours period. I have the free membership and are Platinum status.

mine have been 2-3 days for approval. Although I edited two of them and they haven't moved in the queue yet.. so who knows!

I'm not an article marketing expert but I read that you should switch up the directories that you submit to if you write articles often. I know ezine is the best one but just in case I find articlesbase to be much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by David S.
    I'm not an article marketing expert but I read that you should switch up the directories that you submit to if you write articles often. I know ezine is the best one but just in case I find articlesbase to be much quicker.
    Do you post the same articles in different places? Is there a benefit/drawback to posting the same articles to different sites?

I'm sure some of the other seo whizes here can help you on this but I'm pretty sure it's not good to post the same article to several different directories for duplicate content issues. If you are going to do that that, you should change a significant amount so it's not exactly the same from what I understand. If you're really serious about it there is article marketing software available out there too which makes this a much easier task...I'm sure a Google search will supply many of them. Good Luck!

Base from my experience 7 days is actually the maximum time that your article will be approved. My submission took about 5 days before it was approved and the rest of my submission were approved within 2 days. I am now an expert author in ezine.

I'm confused about the "duplicate content" issues. Mabe someone can explain. If I write an article, anyone can choose to show this article on their site right? Example is amazines dot com. If enough sites like your article and they all post it, who gets the "duplicate content" penalty, the sites publishing the content. Wouldn't the backlinks from multiple sites be considered valuable?

By the same token, wouldn't posting the same article in multiple places make sense?

If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by vicjg
    I'm confused about the "duplicate content" issues.
    Here is an article on duplicate content http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...t-penalty.html

While there is a duplicate content penalty I don't think it is applied in the way many fear.

Quote Originally Posted by SDPub
    Here is an article on duplicate content http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...t-penalty.html

While there is a duplicate content penalty I don't think it is applied in the way many fear.
    Nice link, thanks.

Mine are approved within a couple of days. I'm at platinum level

I read just the other day that duplicate content is only an issue once 3-4 identical articles are out there and then it is really that the search engines just don't credit you for the extra ones.

Less than 24 hours for me. Platinum Author with about 200 live articles, free membership.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asinglelady View Post
    They approve my artciles within2 days maximum.
    Wow, I would too!!! LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Quote Originally Posted by asinglelady View Post
    They approve my artciles within2 days maximum.
    Mine normally take 5-7 day's depending on the day of the week I submit

Ian

it depends on your level, if you are newbies, it might take longer time, generally will be 7 days but sometime will be delay up to 2 weeks
    the senior member will take about 3~5days

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast