Hi all. I am helping a person here at ABW and I need help.

What I need is this - some links to their site. We will gladly link back.

After I have things set up, a nice person who lives near NJ who could do a one on one. I guarentee you will get a kick out of this person - very interesting! This person is older and there are no schools close by that they could take a class.

Your reward: knowing that you did a good deed. Said person is not looking to make a ton of money but the proceeds from the site will go to planting memorial trees.

PM me for details.

Thanks so much!!!
    Ebudae

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Ebudae, maybe if you renamed the thread, "Looking for person in NJ with kind heart," and put it in the ABW Family forum you'd get a quicker response.

I'm a bit far away to be of any help.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm game for tackling this one as long as it's free..."After I have things set up, a nice person who lives near NJ who could do a one on one." Have gas ...willing to travel.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Ecom - its free.

I just need someone to show him how to do some basic things on linking, etc. I will have a simple site set up - and a template for him. I think he can use the PSC easily - he knows how to cut and past and all that. Just need a person to person tutor for things that are hard to explain by mail.

Also looking for some inbound links.

Thanks to all who have replied!!
    Ebudae

FOR FREE?

I do not understand why you simply do not help this person yourself?

You did not even give a very good FEEL SORRY FOR THIS PERSON ARGUMENT. Close to New Jersey and no school close by? What the heck, I have been to NJ on many occasions, there are the busses, trains, bicycle, hell bum a ride from a friend if need be and last but not least walking if all else fails. If I wanted something bad enough I would move heaven and earth to accomplish it.

Hell if he can afford a computer and all the software and the server to put the site on, he surely can afford a bus ticket to get to school.

I have helped many people into this business I know what it takes. I will tell you this much, if I had a nice friend that needs help I would give the help to them or tell them I don’t have time.

For every question that may need to be answered time and time and time again – or the every 10 second IM ping to ask another question. Tutoring can takes months depending on the persons level of understand. Why exactly are you asking us to stop making money so we can spend our day helping someone we do not know. If YOU ARE NOT willing to tutor this person which you think is nice – WHY IN THE HECK are you asking us?

SandraR,

You showed the same insensivity to the person in question in another thread, as well. Nobody is asking if YOU can help. If you can read Ebudae said "Looking for people with kind hearts". So, not you!

You said: "Hell if he can afford a computer and all the software and the server to put the site on, he surely can afford a bus ticket to get to school."

You don't know if this person has a server, or what software he has bought. You don't even know how old he is.

So, once again, if you don't have your facts straight, JUST SHUT IT!

Maybe I am less sensitive to people who want everyone’s time for FREE.

YOU GAVE NO FACTS to get accurate.

You said give this person FREE TUTORING, for no other reason than SamBay wants you to.

You have no idea if I am nice or not – You have no idea how much time I have dedicated to other, free or otherwise. If you want to be a nasty than so be it, but under the guise I am insensitive – I think not.

Ebudae,

I live on the other side of the country, so I'm out, but couldn't you get them some help with some online classes or a Websites for Dummies (or something similar) book? Some of the books are really really easy and basic.

I'd be willing to help someone in Vegas, although every time I try to help someone, it generally backfires. Either they're just not cut out for doing this, they lose interest or they steal some of my ideas. I still try to help though, if only to point people in the right direction to get the help they need. After all, it only took me three years and about 20 emails to get my Dad to cut & paste.

Animal Lover
    Ebudae

check your PMs.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

Sandra,

If you don't want to help him for free, don't. Let everyone else decide for themselves. Isn't it neat how that works?
    Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

-- Lewis Grizzard

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I'm Game. PM on the way

Sandra - you live up to your icon once again.

I AM helping this person and yes - for FREE. If you are interested in the complete list of what - PM me.

I simply asked anyone that was interested in helping, to PM me and I would send the details.

You know Sandra, if you were not interested in helping - all you had to do was MOVE ON. It was NOT necessary to call my actions into question. Please don't feel the need to answer, I'm really not interested and you have said quite enough, thank you.

To all others - I been off line for the last 2 days painting. I will answer the PM's in just a few. Thanks to all!!!

Ebudae

Ebudae and SamBay,

I wish you all the best!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I don't think the original post was a plead for EVERYONE to HAVE to help, more as a polite request to see if anyone would be able to offer some assistance.
    For some it isn't possible or feasible however,
    some may have more time and a willingness to help someone out.
    If you can't I don't think anyone needs to feel offended for or against others if they will or won't help.
    In more ways than I could ever imagine my family and I have been overwhelmed by many acts of kindness due to the circumstances here over the past while, for which we will always be grateful for.
    On the other hand many can't or wont help, for whatever reason. Calling them out about wanting to help someone out should be a personal choice and not something to be berated for if they choose to help someone.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread