Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Popshops problems
    Removing a merchant and rebuilding pages I discovered that there is a problem - during the pick process clicking the landing page for one particular merchant brings up the front page and not the product page. Verified this was the case on every product

Went to the affiliate program - used the build your own links and they work

Checked already built niche shops - every one of the Popshops built pages for this vendor go to the front page and not to the product page. Everyone I built myself using the vendor data feed works.

I use PopShops so I can mash mulitple data feeds together without the hassle of having to clean up the feeds myself.

I have sent in the support request... I have no idea how long this has been down - if I wasn't removing a merchant I still wouldnt know
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I had this happen with a merchant a few months ago and they had to remove the merchant feed totally to get it fixed, which took over a month. I also had no idea how long it had been like this before I discovered the problem. But, everything has worked fine for this merchant since the new feed was activated.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

If the merchant you are speaking of starts with a "Z", I noticed it too. I wrote the merchant yesterday but haven't heard back.

Sent the merchant several tweets so they also are aware of the situation

Have my fingers crossed this is an isolated incident but I will be spending the night checking the sites I use Popshops on

BTW - have received nothing from Popshops other than the automated reply to the support ticket. I immediately replied that its a problem at Popshops
    CharPaula

Received several responses from the merchant... and they recommend contacting Popshops as it is not a problem at their end.

Have received no response from Popshops and the problems still exist
    CharPaula

Received a response from Popshops -

this is a merchant feed question and has been forwarded to the people at popshops that handle the merchant feeds

Checked this AM and still not working - Verified all my shops that use this merchant have the same problem - all links are routed to the main landing page and not the product page. It is not a network problem as other merchants on that network are being properly redirected to the product page

I will keep this thread updated until resolution... hope that is very very soon
    Last edited by charpaula; November 7th, 2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: fat finger typing
    CharPaula

I've had this happen with several merchants, up to and including the finger-pointing. Do the links available to products listed at the affiliate network interface work directly to the product page?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    I've had this happen with several merchants, up to and including the finger-pointing. Do the links available to products listed at the affiliate network interface work directly to the product page?

Yes they do... first thing I checked to validate the data feed at the network
    CharPaula

I had the same problem with a merchant feed on PopShops last week. The Merchant said the problem was on PopShops' end. PopShops did not respond to my support ticket, but the next day all of the products showed as unavailable for awhile, and then a bit later all was working normally.

Just checked and the problem is not resolved - all Popshop links for this merchant, in all my shops, end up on the main page and not the product landing page
    CharPaula

Sent email to popshops just as a reminder the problem is still there and has not been resolved by their "merchants feed people"
    CharPaula

Is it your hope that these posts will contribute to solving the problem?

It is my hope these posts will highlight a problem within Popshops

I have a support ticket that has been outstanding for months - with additional work on my part I was able to work around it within Popshops... When I had some time I cleaned up and began processing the data feeds myself

The current problem I can not work around within Popshops. A solution is to go back to cleaning data feeds, combining them and processing them myself. Unfortunately I don't have the time to do that now.

If this doesn't get resolved soon my only alternative is to begin removing the merchant from all my sites. Not something I look forward to
    CharPaula

As I look over the various threads here I see one glaring fact over and over - support issues

It's a great product when there are no problems. But once a problem arises, well a product is only as good as its support.

It has now been a week since I opened the ticket at Popshops and have received no further updates of the status of the problem. As I go back and read the responses in this thread

Quoting AffiliateHound
    "I had this happen with a merchant a few months ago and they had to remove the merchant feed totally to get it fixed, which took over a month. I also had no idea how long it had been like this before I discovered the problem. But, everything has worked fine for this merchant since the new feed was activated."

A month? But then I am not surprised considering I have a ticket that has been open for months
    CharPaula

It's a great product when there are no problems. But once a problem arises, well a product is only as good as its support.
    I agree

ABW Ambassador
    I've noticed that too, with the support. It's been almost a month since anybody from PopShops has posted here. I realize they like to get support tickets and handle it that way but it's good to post here as well to let people they know of the problems and are working on them.

It seems like we have a new thread started about this problem almost every day...

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Good news - have received several responses from Popshops - merchant, network and Popshops are now working on the problems together

For Popshops to be an effective tool for all of us the support issue must be addressed. Affiliate marketing is not a "yea no problem, anytime in the next week or so" type industry.
    CharPaula

I must have fallen through a crack. I have sent several tickets in the past few weeks regarding different issues plus follow ups and none have been responded to.

One of my merchants wrote PopShops to get their feed in and wrote me thanking me for the info etc. I think they think they are in but they are not. Getting merchants to join is a big part of PopShops if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop

One of my merchants wrote PopShops to get their feed in and wrote me thanking me for the info etc. I think they think they are in but they are not. Getting merchants to join is a big part of PopShops if you ask me.
    I had also communicated with a merchant that thought that they were in Popshops but they weren't. They told me that they gave Popshops what they needed and it was up to Popshops to get the products in their system. However, I sent email to Popshop twice, but no reply.

Perhaps they are going some growing pains?

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    I had also communicated with a merchant that thought that they were in Popshops but they weren't. They told me that they gave Popshops what they needed and it was up to Popshops to get the products in their system. However, I sent email to Popshop twice, but no reply.

Perhaps they are going some growing pains?
    Growing pains are for the beta products - I no longer consider Popshops beta. When Popshops becomes an integral part of my business I expect performance. Yes occasional hiccups are to be expected as it is a complex and dynamic product. But I also expect quick attention to the problems - this is where Popshops needs work. Support is the backbone of a business and here is where Popshops seems to be falling short
    CharPaula

PopShops has made using a datafeed very easy for me, I couldn't operate without them and that's scary. I also have concerns about all the new features that haven't appeared this year (folders, etc.) and no comments on an ETA from PS. I suspect there's some troubles brewing on the home front and wish them the best in clearing them up.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your patience. We've had an unusually large volume of tickets requesting new merchant additions and every ticket wanted their merchant overnight. A lot of coordination, QA, and work goes into releasing new merchants and unfortunately it doesn’t happen overnight, or even, at times, in weeks - often the feeds are broken or require extensive clean up. We expect to have over a couple hundred new merchants integrated across networks in the coming days.

JoyUnltd, ‘folders’ has been available in ‘beta’ within PopShops Datapack plan for a while and is accessible to those who would like to test it out, send an email to support with the subject "folders" and we will set you up.

As for the support issues, we have a new team member coming on board, hopefully the responses will be quicker in coming. You can help by always including the shop name and the URL of the published shop - even if you are a loyal and familiar name, we don't have your website information and that will expedite your response. When the staff has to go through a cycle of deciphering what you mean, following up with requests for examples, etc, the process becomes much slower.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

I having the same problem with a CJ Swimwear merchant all of their product in Popshops are going to their homepage. I have tested their product links in CJ and they are all working just fine.

Jessie I have just logged a problem - PopShops #OCE-598294
    Last edited by kse; November 20th, 2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling etc...
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    I having the same problem with a CJ Swimwear merchant all of their product in Popshops are going to their homepage. I have tested their product links in CJ and they are all working just fine.

Jessie I have just logged a problem - PopShops #OCE-598294
    Jessie, has anyone looked at my problem: #OCE-598294 yet???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast