• 2-5 %

9 33.33%
  • 5-10%

3 11.11%
  • 10-15%

0 0%
  • 15% +

0 0%
    What is your overall (every merchant) percentage of sales to click thrus you send to your merchant's websites?

I was reading one of the site sell ebooks and they claim it's normal to see 10 and even 20%. Hell I'd be so wealthy on that I could buy an island in the south pacific of my very own.

Is anyone willing to share how they achieve even 5 percent?

ABW Ambassador
    First the site that's saying 10-20% is just saying that to sell ebooks.

I voted 2-5% overall, i use over 600 merchants. Some networks over 5%. I think you give your visitors all the info you can and i use coupons. Like the reality site building thread, i posted i was using product links, showing price and using coupons. If i was interested is just setting cookies, i wouldn't show the price. To get conversion % up i think you should provide all the necessary info you can, i try to keep it as short and sweet as possible. Use promotions, they can only help conversions.

Where is my image TrustNo1

hummmmm is this called stalking?

I think this a hard poll to really understand I'm like Trustno1 I use hundreds of merchants and it depends on on a lot of factors. Such us the types of programs you premote. Like with cj I'm almost at 5% ctr. but with the others I'm at over 2-4% too , and some of them I really can't say because of business reasons and reversals that change my %, All I can say is my business is doing very well and is improving. It's all on being creative- that's how your CTR% comes up. oops it pays to be

http and a telephoto
    I can't vote on this either, some are low and some are high, some programs convert *really* well one week and not the next. Anyone that claims 10-20% across multiple merchants is probably padding the truth a bit. Some people may have one merchant that for some reason converts consistently in that range, but I would be surprized at that as well.

Quality of clicks, tracking anomolies, curiosity, phantom spider clicks, all can affect CTR and *apparent* performance.

I am, however, keeping a real close eye on programs that are converting less than 1%. I am new to some of the programs, so will give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they don't pick up in a couple of months, *BAM* pages be gone!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have a more limited merchant pool - being a content site - and tend to average right around 1.5 - 2% across all the merchants over the course of a month. The exception to this is "art related" products which convert absolutely dismally throughout the year except over Christmas (conversions may be .5% and that is being generous).

Over christmas conversions of course double site wide, but 1.5% - 2% is a good guide for the rest of the year on my content site.

My overall click-to-sale ratio with CJ for the year is 6.8%, with January as the best month:

October '03: 6.7%
    November '03: 6.6%
    December '03: 7.6%
    January: 9.4%
    February: 5.9%
    March: 6.2%
    April so far: 3.8% (What is happening???)

ABW Ambassador
    It couldn't have been a simpler question, but you guys sure did make this out like it was complicated.

What part of overall don't you understand?

If you have some low converters pulling your overall conversion rate down, that is nothing to be ashamed of. No excuses necessary.

Under 2% OVERALL and proud of it.

We ain't tellin' you nothin'!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thank you Jimbo, I thought I was loosing my mind for a moment there.

Smallshop, that is a fantastic over all conversion rate

Ssanf, I aint tellin you neither.

Jason, I'm talking about conversion-rates (CR) not click-through-rates (CTR). Conversion rates are the percentage of customers sent to a merchants website that make a purchase.

I'm currently running about 1.2 percent (CR) while my (CTR) is running an average of (38%)

BTW if anyone with a high (CR) and low (CTR) wants to swap information with me send a pm my way.

Obviously we do well with targeted traffic, but it goes down drastically with other types especially those who are sent to us without any real understanding of what their traffic is looking for. I would be VERY interested in what equation sponsors use to boast a 20% conversion ratio. They obviously compare sales but to what; raws, uniques, second clicks, etc.

My average is currently around 6%, although I have merchants as high as 40-50% and as low as 0.05%. I tend to promote the higher converting merchants more. If I promoted them all evenly, my average would probably be about 3%.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Some people may be figuring their conversion
    rates differently than others here. Are you
    figuring how many people click on your ads with
    any advertising you are doing and then ordering,
    or how many once they get to your site and click
    on your affiliate link and then ordering. If you
    run advertising and the visitors come to your
    site first, this conversion would be less than
    when they actually click on the link on your
    site and then purchase.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    In a perfect etailing world supported by value-added affiliate traffic filtering and focusing.... ALL affiliate traffic would convert better then general merchant site traffic.

In a perfect Safe Haven network structure all affiliates would convert better for each merchant promoted then they do for the same merchant on anyother network platform. The merchant would also show much higher conversion ratios then they would at BeFree, CJ, LS, Performics or SAS.

Without the gimmics employed via the incenters to either hijack sales cookies via a BHO or SE coupon/reward/points players the current affiliate networks real conversion ratios are pathetic. All merchants actually get by with lower conversion ratio payouts to affiliates then they show from un-targeted SE traffic.

The NET result is this industry is rife with tricksters employing deception, diversion and cookie setting shortcuts in order to chase the almighty buck. Keeping the tracking cookie sacred and conversion ratio transparent is the real job the current networks refuse to undertake. They's rather cater to the advertising mindset of tricksters and steer clear of merchandising and sales responsibilities.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    It is funny how wide the discrepancy is between Xmas season and other seasons for me. One site in November/December converted at a rate of 10.6% - that's 106 orders per thousand people visiting the site - but outside of Xmas, it's just idling, converting at less than 2%, waiting for Xmas again. Now, if only I could squeeze out some larger commissions on those orders!!!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread