google adwords letter
    I am hearing that google has sent out lots of these letters, not just to me.
    They are saying poor landing pages for my ads??????
    nothing clear or specific but threatening to shut down my account.

another night sleep lost thanks to google. lol

Online Marketing Consultant
    Poor landing pages for Adwords or for adsense?

If it is for adwords but you are converting, who are they to tell you different or how to run your business. If it is for adsense then they should let you know what the design flaw or content issue is so you can fix it....it stinks when they send those letters but don't give you any ideas on how to fix them.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Care to share the text of the letter?
    Your Ad Here.

I haven't had one, but there's a lot of discussion in various boards on AdWords quality letters. Big advertisers who shell out $100k a year or more are being threatened with termination or are being canned.. via an automated email rather than through a human being.

Sure, I can understand small time AdWords advertisers not getting much support if they are booted, but some of these are really big spenders who simply cannot understand why Google doesn't have the courtesy to talk to them.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

It's the new "Do No Courtesy" policy.
    It appears to extend across most of their services and is most apparent in their paid services such as G checkout, AdWords.

here is the letter we got. really scarey. but using tools to figure out what they don't like.

Dear advertiser,

We are writing to let you know that your Google AdWords account is at risk of being suspended due to multiple violations related to Landing Page and Site Quality. Please check the existing ads in your account to ensure that they comply with policy.

As part of our commitment to making the AdWords experience safe and effective for our users and our advertisers, we routinely review the landing pages that our advertisers promote through our search and content networks. If we find that an advertiser has submitted poor quality landing pages that do not comply with our advertising policies, including the Landing Page and Site Quality Guidelines, we reserve the right to take account-level action.

Landing pages advertised via AdWords must have relevant, original content, and must be transparent about the nature of the business being promoted. Further, advertisers are prohibited from promoting certain types of sites, which include, but are not limited to:
    * Data collection sites that imply delivery of free items, etc., in order to collect private information
    * Arbitrage sites without relevant and original content that are designed for the purpose of showing ads
    * Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain
    * "Get-rich quick" sites that make unrealistic promises
    * Sites that are deceptive
    * Sites that distribute malware or spyware
    * Extremely misleading/unverifiable or inaccurate claims

Please note that this action is related to sites that have recently been advertised through your account. In a review of your account history, we found that your account had submitted multiple sites that merited poor landing page quality evaluations. Advertisers that have a history of promoting poor quality landing pages are subject to account-level disabling.

You can review our Advertising Policies, including our Landing Page and Site Quality guidelines, by visiting
    In addition, our FAQ about Account Disablings can be found here:
    If you have additional questions or concerns not addressed by our policies or help center, you can contact support by replying to this email.

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords team
    Last edited by money; November 6th, 2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: put in googles urls

Hmmm. Are there Merchants getting these letters, or "just" affiliates and AdSense abusers?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I've been following a huge thread about it in another forum. Seems like it's mostly affiliates - esp. stuff like acai, get rich with google, rebills, scammy things like that. Some merchants though.

Some people there speculating that eventually google will kick all affiliate stuff to the curb. Adwords, Adsense, 'Organic Serps', whatever.

I got one of those in the first wave of AdWords suspension. The best solution, in my opinion, is simply finding a way of accomplishing the equivalent thing without Google. Yes, it's harder, but not impossible - and in the long run, much better.

Google is clearly not "too fond" of affiliates (to put it lightly) so decreasing our reliance on them can only be a good thing.

* Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain
    That's the biggy to me. They don't want affiliates if this is true.

I just check my account and they have given me some keyword advice that's crazy. If I would use those I would be disabled right away.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Hmmm. Are there Merchants getting these letters, or "just" affiliates and AdSense abusers?
    I doubt anything like that is sent to AdSense members, because it contains specific information about the nature of the alleged infraction and I've never heard of any AdSense folks who ever got any explanation for the cancellation.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Googles' stance on anything you ask to explain is the mantra "they don't want to reveal their trade secrets or algorithms" or something like that.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread