More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Here is a letter I got, edited [] and shortened to prevent legal problems, along with my response at the bottom.

Dear [Cheesehead],

You are receiving this letter because you have been an Affiliate of [Our Parasite-ridden Program] for some time now, but have not been generating orders. Your success
    (i.e., generating orders, continuously higher monthly commission checks) is important to us. We are committed to helping you increase your income.

[We have] come up with a training series to give you all the tips and tricks of the trade.
    [blah, blah , blah]

After taking part in our training course, we are establishing a deadline of [Month] 31st for you to generate an order.

If you have extenuating circumstances and cannot generate an order, need an extension, or just want some assistance, please drop us an email at [some email]. (Well, that was nice!) If we do not hear from you, and you have not generated an order by the date noted above, your affiliate account with
    [us] will be terminated.

[blah, blah, blah]

HERE IS MY RESPONSE:

Yes, please terminate my relationship today! You are affiliated with Schoolpop.com, Gator/Gain , and who knows how many other parasites that steal commissions. Is this how you help affiliates?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    The question I have to ask, is why hide their ID, again an issue of those of us who show a public face, up for a good hounding when we slip up and the usual unwillingness of people to show which parasite infested merchants they work with ...I shall ask the obvious... if they have parastes why are you working with them?? There are plenty of merchants on ABW who would appreciate more of your time dedicated to helping them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yes, please terminate my relationship today! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why wait for them to do it? Educate or Eliminate please.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Yes I agree Chris, Don't give them a chance. Abw merchants are so helpful here. just focus on ABW merchants, tired of having to deal with dead links and none converters. Oh Chris my check from Mondera should be here soon, that sale wasn't reversed. In the next 3 months I should be one of the top mondera salers hopefully Hmm cheesehead, Mondera just payed my rent this month. Why don't you focus on abw merchants :0). Just a tip If the merchants aren't willing to be educated and take the step to eliminate the thiefs (parasites) then just drop them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CheeseHead:
    HERE IS MY RESPONSE:

Yes, please terminate my relationship today! You are affiliated with Schoolpop.com, Gator/Gain , and who knows how many other parasites that steal commissions. Is this how you help affiliates? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got that email this morning too. I'm in the process of pulling their (1800Flowers) links now. 2+ months as their affiliate and I'm all ready getting threats. Lovely!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Chris, you raise a good point. Here are some places for people to go to check out to see if their merchants are on a client list:

Gator/Gain: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/index.php?p=95&c=1

Ebates: http://www.ebates.com/all_stores.jsp

SchoolPop: http://www.schoolpop.com/cgi/welcome.cgi

If a merchant is on 1 or more of these, they are probably working with others as well.

I joined a lot of programs a year ago, not even knowing what an "affiliate parasite" was. I have stopped promoting parasitic merchants (mainly because it is a waste of time) but still have old pages with banners. I did actually drop the merchant mentioned above this morning, but I think a letter indicating why is helpful.

Yes, all future endeavors will only involve quality merchants (like Mondera) that really mean it when they say they want to help the affiliate.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    A lot of merchants focus too hard on their EPC, too worried about clicks with out sales rather than focusing on what they should be looking at, poor converson. If you're sending targeted traffic then merchants should be looking at how to make it convert not wondering how they can boost their EPC by kicking off partners with traffic and no sales... of course what they forget...is that you guys feed Parasites...yes the more traffic you send the better the parasites do...and the cycle contines...so by getting rid of partners they are in effect cutting off the food source for parasites.... good isn't it.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Thanks for the links
    I had a site bookmarked but they no lnger provide the info

Gator we are clean
    Ebates and school pop and any others
    We are working on getting rid of bad merchants as I update my sites

Long timely process, but no need to wonder why my income has been increasing

Good riddance to them!

What idiots! They are so ignorant they don't really know WHO is producing sales for them. If they were smart, they'd know that by allowing publishers in their programs that overwrite cookies, they really have no way of knowing where the click to buy was initiated.

So, they take the easy way out and blame the affiate who tries to operate honestly and ethically. They reward the thief and punish the people who are REALLY producing the sales!

If I were signed up to do business with them, I'd drop them in a second after reading this! What nerve! I hope all of their honest affiliates drop them, leaving behind just the parasites to drain their affiliate program of every ill-gotten cent it has!

1-800-Flowers

Andy

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Just a side note question here... Does ebates still overwrite affiliate cookies?
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Michelle,

Even though I spent time doing the coding on links that was suppose to stop eBates from overwriting, I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that they have stopped the practice.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread