Why 2 to 3 Years?
    Hi all,

I have been reading a number of blogs and forums and they all suggest it takes 2-3 three years before you can start earning money as an affiliate. But this really puzzles me.

If you set up a site(s) in a niche which go straight to number one you will have as much traffic and click throughs as in two to three years.

Lets say for example you set up a site which is based on solid oak coffee tables surely you will make roughly the some amount of money from the point it goes to number one as you will in three years time when its still number one.

On Google you get 621,000 results for solid oak coffee tables.

Are you good enough at SEO to take your site to #1 just as soon as you put your site on the internet?

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

http and a telephoto
    Moved from Affiliate Voice to Midnight Cafe.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

So is all down to be number one?

I have been speaking with one guy who set up a furniture site which went straight to number one with only two in bound links which has 2,140,000 results.

I've checked this out as well and what his saying seems to be legit.

Forget natural serps, if you want quick results you can be earning money within the first hour via PPC if you know what you are doing, the problem is it is a steep learning curve, and thats what keeps you earning - in fact you can lose a lot while you learn.

I started a new PPC campaign on Sept 13/09 and made $30 on it the day I started. Through the end of October I cleared $2500 on this one campaign alone and it's just getting stronger as I refine it. It is possible. Stay on these boards and read read read. All the info is here.

Your page could go to #1 when it's first indexed but will it remain #1 or will it start dropping down in the results. You are not going to get many sales if your are lower than the first page of search results.

Most - if not all - of your traffic will come from the G SE results. Everytime they have an update your pages move all over the SE results until things settle down. You cannot count on remaining on the first page all the time.

If you have a good site (not crappy looking) and go right to #1 you will make sales right away. If not, you will not make sales right away.

I've been doing this for 11 years and the age of the site is a factor too.

My sites that have been online for a long time maintain a much higher position in SE results than my newer sites.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    It would probably take around that long for a website to become an authority in its niche until then you'll find your traffic high one month and almost nothing the next.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I don't think there's a "set" time for an affiliate site to start making money.

What I do think is that it takes a commitment (in time, money or work) to see a site blossom into a flower. There is no "quick million" unless you are gambling and get stupid lucky.

Hard work, diligence and the tenacity to see it through are what it takes to make a business thrive, whether on or off line.

Meanwhile, don't limit yourself to believing that it takes a set number of years to start seeing results. Build a good site, make it a site of value for visitors and you will start to see results.

Worrying about reaching the top of the mountain when you first start the journey is self-defeating. If you don't believe you can reach the summit, you're more likely to give up. One foot in front of the other is always gonna work for getting you toward your goal. It's a law of nature. Don't fight it ... just DO IT.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread