International Bible Society Datafeed
    Hi, I was just curious if the IBS datafeed could include categories and subcategories. Right now everything just shows the sub-category as "religious". It would be great if it could be broken down by versions of the bible or something. Also a lot of the images show "image not found".

Thanks.
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

Yes indeed, that WOULD be nice. I'd suggest you not hold your breath, though.

With all the potential the IBS feed has, some of us here have literally spent YEARS asking for the feed to be categorized, better organized, somehow fixed up to be usable for the many quality religious/Christian items and potentials you find there.

Unfortunately, there's a "disconnect" somewhere along the line and nothing gets improved.

BUT -- I see the current feed has 900+ products, so that's an improvement. For awhile, it ran around 700, then dropped to somewhere between 300-400 and just sort of sat there.

At one point, we were told it was being completely fixed up and would soon offer thousands of products. But that was a couple of years ago, so I wouldn't count on it.

Yes, at least some usable categories would be a reasonable improvement.

Thought I should add an apology here if I hijacked your thread with my ranting. Sorry about that. Just been waiting too long for promised improvements to this particular feed.
    Last edited by writerguy; November 7th, 2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: To add last paragraph
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Logan,

That is one of the main topics I am addressing next month with IBS. There have been tons of changes there, people, mergers, products even a new name.

I will be in their offices on December 3, the feed topic will be addressed and resolved.

Thanks in advance for your support.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Andy, I'm not Logan, but felt I wanted to reply to your post -- with a big thank you.

I apologize (as I added to my post above) if I came of as "ranting." I realize from past posts and even a PM or two with you, that there have been issues and constant changes at IBS, and I know that doesn't make the program easy for you, for IBS, or for us affiliates.

I do appreciate the work you and your team put into this!

I think a few years ago I posted that my first affiliate sale was an "out-of-the-blue" sort of thing with IBS and resulted in a nice commission. I've had high hopes and a fondness for them ever since! LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for the update Andy. Definitely looking forward to seeing improvements on this program as I see there is a lot of potential to be great.
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread