I am sick of promoting this offer.
    I have invested a lots of time and money promoting an offer with no/very less sales.

I have created a website, loaded the datafeed. The website has 700+ indexed pages.

The site averages 6000+ UVs per month

And I just make $30-$50 per month from this site.

What can be done...?

Sell off the site...
    Close everything and look for something else...

Thanks for your help in advance.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    It's paying for it's hosting and domain. That aint so bad.

I would do some in depth thinking about why you have the traffic you have and why it aint working how you want.

Then use that in your future endevours. I would not sell it. People are going to ask for proof of income or bid accordingly. I would use it as a learning expereince or a test bed for other techniques.

What I've learned from 9+ years doing this is, some merchants just don't convert. Whether its a poor product or price, incompetent tracking, or they just like to cheat people. In the end it just doesn't matter.

Better to build sites based around ideas, content, or even products in general. I never build sites that depend on a specific merchant.

I guess if your site is based on a datafeed though, your'e pretty much stuck. You could always stick adsense on it.

Hello
    Hello it's goo you have earned some, for me, nothing yet, I spent so much time and so tiring... and money too, what shall I do?
    I am still new here..God bless

Quote Originally Posted by hwe
    I have invested a lots of time and money promoting an offer with no/very less sales.

I have created a website, loaded the datafeed. The website has 700+ indexed pages.

The site averages 6000+ UVs per month

And I just make $30-$50 per month from this site.

What can be done...?

Sell off the site...
    Close everything and look for something else...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks for all your replies.

If I stick adsense, I can make some 30-50 bucks more.

The best I will do is add some other merchant's datafeed and see how it works.

Can you recommend any merchant with datafeed which provides
    craft suipplies
    jewelry supplies
    glass art supplies

Preferred Networks: SaS or CJ

Thanks

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    you say you have 6000+ UV a month, how many click thrus are you actually getting? That would help you know if the issue is on your site or the merchant's site. Are you just using the datafeeds or are you also writing articles and such.

Have you considered posting your site over in the review forum and getting some feedback on your site?

Do you collect names/email addresses for a newsletter so you can reconnect with these so called 6000+ visitors? Most people have to see something 7+ times before they buy so you want to be able to recontact them.

are you studying your analytics so that you can see what keywords people are using to get to your site? are they "buying words" or are they "research words"? Is your content tweaked appropriately?

Just a couple thoughts!

Yeah. On the surface, 6,000 may sound like a big number. But once you simmer it down to clickthrough rates, conversion rates, how targetted or random the visitors may be, the angle of your sales pitch or presentation.... $30 to $50 on 6,000 visits is not great, but you could certainly do worse.

If you're not satisfied, try a different merchant or different line of products. Diversify.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

If that type of site earns $30-$50 per month, I think you have a couple options.

1) Make 100 more sites like that (or some other arbitrary number that meets your financial goals). 100 x $40 = $4000/month.

2) Build a site that provides more value and earns more money.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Very good information being shared here and I would like to be part of it. I have a couple of suggestions and couple of questions.

Suggestions:
    If you have a good clickthru rate and clicks are not converting to sales, it is the merchant.

If you have bad clickthru rate and fewer clicks are going to merchant's site, it is your website that needs attention.

Simcat suggested that few merchants are pretty hard to convert, he is 100% correct. There are a few merchants, no matter what you do at your end, even if your clickthru rate is very high, they just won't convert for x,y,z reasons.

Michael suggested building more sites that will definitely help in generating lots of revenue. However, it may be really tough to manage so many sites. I'm managing 10 and can't tell you how much content i write daily lol. I'm dead tired by midnight. I work over 15 hours a day, lol joy of being an affiliate marketer. I can't imagine if I had 50 or 100 sites to manage. But that is not entirely impossible if you have knowledge of tools that can make your life easier

I have a website that receives nearly the same (5000 uv) number of visitors a month. My clickthru rate is nearly 25% and I'm generating anywhere from $200 to $400 each month. What I have learnt, research the marketing network you are affiliated with. If it is CJ, research the best merchants there for your niche and then come back here at ABW and find info about them. Search what others are talking about those merchants here. This will give you a chance to better understand if that merchant will convert for you or not.
    Can you recommend any merchant with datafeed which provides
    craft suipplies
    jewelry supplies
    glass art supplies
    We could gladly recommend but that may be considered advertising. Don't think it would be appropriate to provide program names. Jewelry business is a little tough, you know why. If you are promoting costly items, conversion will be lower (Unless you have some kick-ass ideas to make people purchase those costly items). With this, a suggestions, try promoting items that are cheaper. Do little, but do it right. Try different things. Don't remove the old stuff, instead, add some cheaper items. I tell you, you never know what would convert more. You may sell a $200 item and make $20 or you may sell ten $20 items and make more money. You just have to give it a try, do different experiments, play around with various items that could sell more.

Contact the merchant you are promoting! Ask them directly. Email them. Be professional. Request them to check what you could do better to convert visitors to sales.

Visit your merchant's website like a regular visitor and see how good is their website. Also, subscribe to their newsletter as a "customer". See what is your merchant trying to push to customers. Those items may be really good or may be converting better than other items.

Last but not the least, keep an eagle eye on deals, discounts and coupons! If your merchant allows coupons and deals through the affiliate network, promote those coupons and deals on your website.

Questions:
    One of my websites is generating nearly 25% clickthru rate, is it good, average or bad? How can I improve it further to have a better clickthru rate?

Regards.

>>>>
    Contact the merchant you are promoting! Ask them directly. email them. Be professional. Request them to check what you could do better to convert visitors to sales.
    <<<

I contacted the merchant when I was pissed of initially. And in a few days I had a sale. Then days passed, weeks passed. I was again pissed of and tried to get some more help on a forum. And boom the merchant came to my rescue and I had a sale.

Now this can be coincidence or this can be a game plan. My merchant might not crediting me for sales.

Anyhow, this is how I plan to proceed, any suggestions are welcome.
    I will start with 10-20 products of my own and will sell them. If I get some good success I will dump the merchant entirely and take over my site.

>>>>
    Questions:
    One of my websites is generating nearly 25% clickthru rate, is it good, average or bad? How can I improve it further to have a better clickthru rate?
    <<<<

I assume 25% CTR is good enough, however you can improve it more.

As for me
    I average 200+ uniques per day, of this approx 75-100 land at merchants website daily, with no sales!!!!

Thanks Everyone

At least you still earning some small bucks.

I contacted the merchant when I was pissed of initially. And in a few days I had a sale. Then days passed, weeks passed. I was again pissed of and tried to get some more help on a forum. And boom the merchant came to my rescue and I had a sale.

Now this can be coincidence or this can be a game plan. My merchant might not crediting me for sales.
    I leave this entirely for experienced folks, I'm not sure but what you have mentioned, it sounds like a conspiracy.
    Anyhow, this is how I plan to proceed, any suggestions are welcome.
    I will start with 10-20 products of my own and will sell them. If I get some good success I will dump the merchant entirely and take over my site.
    Way to go man, play around a little and you will surely figure out what is going on. I'm hoping to see better sales for you in future. All the best!
    I assume 25% CTR is good enough, however you can improve it more.
    Suggestions would definitely help
    As for me
    I average 200+ uniques per day, of this approx 75-100 land at merchants website daily, with no sales!!!!

Thanks Everyone
    Don't let that pull you down, I'm sure things will work out. I had that sort of troubles when I was affiliated with Linksteal and I know it is extremely annoying to see your efforts getting wasted. I gave up on that super-parasite months ago

Just improve your site and double your effort. Don't sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by toptenservices

Suggestions would definitely help
    Well the best I can say is...

Let the visitor land on your site, and the next click should lead to merchants website. Be it from product links, or search within your own site.

Boom! I had a sale yesterday, $350 and I made 10% off it = $35.

This is the detailed explanation of stats I have.

Now this is first sale in this month. I have had around 2570 uniques, 7041 PVs, and around 60% traffic comes from search engines (Google/AOL/Bing/ Yahoo etc)

and I have sent 669 hits to merchants site, in this month.

Now what do you think?

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    $350 sale? what exactly are you promoting? if that is the average sale, then your sales are probably going to be farther and fewer between. Not a lot of people have an extra $350 sitting around these days.

Look at your analytics reports -- what are the keywords telling you? Are you doing ppc to get that search traffic or are they natural search referrals? If natural, what words are you actually ranking for? maybe you are getting ranked for things that people are not necessarily looking for.

did you ever post your site over in the review area? inquiring minds want to see

I do not use PPC, all traffic is organic.

The $350 sale would include a bunch of items from the merchants site, and I assume this is not a single item

The usual average sale is around $100. And I am not very happy with the overall outcome overall EPC (per 100) is $2.66.

Quote Originally Posted by BlogBonnieBlog
    $350 sale? what exactly are you promoting? if that is the average sale, then your sales are probably going to be farther and fewer between. Not a lot of people have an extra $350 sitting around these days.
    No offense meant, but I don't agree with you. I have a very simple blog that I'm using to push some high $$$ products and they are selling pretty good. Not making thousands out of it but looking at the number of UV I have, I'm doing pretty good. Not trying to sound like an expert (I'm really not one, not even an intermediate), but with the help of good, unique content, everything is possible. Think for a second, the person (visitor) who landed up on your website, IS looking for that product which is expensive and there shouldn't be any problem in converting it. It is just about how and when you offer them that product you are trying to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by toptenservices
    No offense meant, but I don't agree with you. I have a very simple blog that I'm using to push some high $$$ products and they are selling pretty good. Not making thousands out of it but looking at the number of UV I have, I'm doing pretty good. Not trying to sound like an expert (I'm really not one, not even an intermediate), but with the help of good, unique content, everything is possible. Think for a second, the person (visitor) who landed up on your website, IS looking for that product which is expensive and there shouldn't be any problem in converting it. It is just about how and when you offer them that product you are trying to sell.

What is the URL? Can we all imitate what you are doing?
    Just kidding. Wish you good luck.

BTW I am also planning to get into a high ticket item, it pays whopping $150 per sale.

I have all the bricks and mortar ready and will launch soon.

You can actually have some pretty good conversion ratios on high-end products with the right traffic and/or prices. A few years ago, I was promoting some high-end watches (normally $10k-$25k) that were being cleared out for $2k-$5k, and I was averaging more than a 2% conversion ratio. With commissions of around $500 each, it was VERY sweet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    2% conversion ratio. With commissions of around $500 each, it was VERY sweet.
    Just thinking ... If you had 100 qualified visitors, that would mean 2 sales, and approx $1000 in comissions.

I guess thats why we all call you ABW - Admin

What is the URL? Can we all imitate what you are doing?
    Just kidding. Wish you good luck.

BTW I am also planning to get into a high ticket item, it pays whopping $150 per sale.

I have all the bricks and mortar ready and will launch soon.
    lol there are already thousands doing the same thing. I'm just trying to improve my content to compete and get the top spots. Same goes with any business/niche.

Wish you all the best for your new website launch!
    With commissions of around $500 each, it was VERY sweet.
    Definitely, it is sweet to receive $500 commission with each sale.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread