Hi, I have been at the ppc for a while now.. normally i used wordtracker and overture suggesstion tool to find keyword phrases that are being searched for on a monthly basis and go from there, but i cant help thinking im cutting myself short by only selecting words that have been searched for according to wordtracker and overture suggesstion tool...

From what i know is that these tools will only display results based on certain things..

but i know damn well that there are so many phrases people use per month to search that are not showing up in wordtracker or ovte suggesstion tool as being words that anyone has used to searhc with...

so... would it be totally stupid to bid on say a 4 keyword phrase if it came up in wordtracker and overture has showing 0 searches for ????

even if the 4 words are what your sure people would use?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shiner25:
    ...but i cant help thinking im cutting myself short by only selecting words that have been searched for according to wordtracker and overture suggesstion tool...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey Shiner,

Why not? Those tools can't cover 100% of the searches out there. I would start out bidding low for any new phrase and run some tests. Try passing a variable from the click to the purchase stage and see which keyword phrases make a sale for you. You really won't know till you test it out.

Good luck!

thanks

i wonder how you can tracker a click through to asle with overture?

It never hurts. If nobody searches for it, you're not out anything.

I always try to come up with every possible way that someone could search for what I'm promoting (including misspellings). I also try to think of other things they may be searching for that indicate they AREN'T buying so I can create appropriate negative keywords. (I'm not sure if Overture offers that--I use Google AdWords.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LastHope:
    i wonder how you can tracker a click through to asle with overture? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You can pass the variable from Overture to your website. You then have to find a way to pass that variable to the merchant. PM me if you need detailed info.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ eyiproducts.com:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LastHope:
    i wonder how you can tracker a click through to asle with overture? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You can pass the variable from Overture to your website. You then have to find a way to pass that variable to the merchant. PM me if you need detailed info. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry IAN dont know how to private msg yet on abestweb..

yes i would like detailed info could you send it to. me please, umm

affiliatetracking@hotmail.com

thanks

Lasthope, I won't be in the office until Tuesday, we have Monday off hehe. So I will PM you here. On the top left part of this page (menu bar), click on GO&gt;&gt;My Space&gt;&gt;Private Messaging. You should check it out, it's pretty convenient. I just sent you a PM so you can just reply to it there. Talk to you soon.

you can use a domain with wildcard subdomains

keyword.yourdomain.com/page.htm
    keywordkeyword.yourdomain.com/page.htm
    keyword-keyword.yourdomain.com/page.htm

and so on
    you dont have to create all these subdomains,whatever you type as subdomain when you use wildcard option leads you to the same page.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread