ABW Ambassador
    This is driving me nuts. I use XP Pro and IE 6. I like to open links frequently in new windows. Unfortunately, every time I do this now the new window is not a full size window. Instead, the window only fills half the screen.

What is the trick to making new windows open up all the time in full screen mode?? I've tried everything but to no avail. I'm getting sick of clicking on the maximize button right now!

open a new window, bring it on the position and size you want to appear each time (almost like full size again). Double click on title bar to make it maximize and double click again so it will return to previous status. Each time you'll open a new one from now on should be like that.

ABW Ambassador
    * Shut down all your IE windows except one.
    * drag the top left of the window to the top left of your screen.
    * drag the bottom-right of the window to the bottom right of your screen
    * shut the window down

It should now reopen at those dimensions each time. Every now & then you'll have to repeat the procedure when some sites run popups that alter the size of it.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, thanks, it worked. Had to sort of combine both your suggestions - but now getting full-size windows again.

ABW Ambassador
    This drives me nuts with XP Pro also although I knew what to do as described. But does anyone know if there's a way to have the new window opened in a maximized manner rather than in a minimized size that is just enlarged? Use to be able to do it on Win2000, but can't do it on XP which is a pain in the butt.

it's called mozilla.. or firefox

I too open many windows at a time.. the size doesn't bug me but sometimes I get the the point where I increase the height of my task bar to fit everything without the little arrow on the side (my XP is set to look and feel like 2K so no similar tasks taking up one spot and then giving me a list on the task bar).

with firefox or mozilla I just hold down ctrl and click on a link and it opens in a new tab in the same window WITHOUT appearing over what I'm already reading.

great when there's a lot of links you want to read like on a forum.. hold ctrl and click em all and they all load in seperate tabs in the background without interupting your clicking spree or reading.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread