My GAN Was Deactivated
    Just went to login an was told my account has been deactivated. Ok can take that but there was no info on how to reactivate my account. I am sure it was deactivated because I never linked my Adsense to GAN.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can to do to get reactivated?
    Thanks,
    Doug

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

If you have an approved AdSense account, you just need to open a new Google Affiliate account and link the two together.

Thank you,

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator
    Hello,

If you have an approved AdSense account, you just need to open a new Google Affiliate account and link the two together.

Thank you,

Jamie
    Real nice, huh? You get to start all over...........
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I am pretty sure (Though I could be wrong) I went and tried to link my accounts together before the deadline and all seemed well until I tried to login after the deadline.

Angry
    My account is also deactivated today. And I know for sure I've linked it to Adsense, and have received payments through Adsense. I did not receive any explanation for the deactivation. I did however get a request for a new W9 from google, something about the information on the w9 they have on record not matching my IRS records. I am happy to send a new W9 - but is that grounds for deactivation ??!
    Last edited by eeyipes; November 12th, 2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Same thing happened to me, was deactivtated right before thanksgiving weekend, bad links all over my site on black friday. Also got a request for a w-9 that same week with some message that my tax id didn't match, not sure why, but whatever sent in a new one.
    But it really ticks me off that Google's only solution to a deactivated account is "Open a new account", do they not understand the hours it takes to reapply to all those merchants, update the hundreds of links, maybe I should sent them a bill for the time it takes me to open a new account and redo everything, then maybe they'd start to understand this from an affiliate perpestice.
    I've had enough from Google, I'll work with networks that won't waste my time with riducuous hoops I have to jump through.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon_girl
    do they not understand the hours it takes to reapply to all those merchants, update the hundreds of links, maybe I should sent them a bill for the time it takes me to open a new account and redo everything, then maybe they'd start to understand this from an affiliate perpestice.
    I've had enough from Google, I'll work with networks that won't waste my time with riducuous hoops I have to jump through.
    If Gan cared, they wouldn't have forced affiliates to link their account and terminate affiliates in good standing.

There are a number of posts at ABW by Leeann listing GAN merchants who are on other networks or alternatives to the merchant.

If you're going to spend your time, why work with GAN at all. Why take the chance you will be dropped again? If I was you, I would look for alternatives and never use GAN again. They don't deserve you. You deserve better.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread