No time for forums (fori? forae?) RiverStyx's Avatar
    Can Linkshare merchants see that I'm a NY affiliate?
    I usually email affiliate managers to confirm that they accept New York affiliates before going live with their links. Do I need to do that with Linkshare merchants as well?

RS

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It's a merchant-by-merchant decision whether or not to accept newyawkers, so the network would be irrelevant.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Approval
    I guess what I'm asking is: do I need to reconfirm that their approval is acceptance of me as a NY affiliate if there is no NY clause in their terms etc.

On CJ I've been approved by some, and then rejected when I email them asking if they accept NY affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverStyx
    I usually email affiliate managers to confirm that they accept New York affiliates before going live with their links. Do I need to do that with Linkshare merchants as well?

RS
    Although the procedure differs, all the networks have a way for merchants to see your state of residency. Some also have a way for merchants to auto - decline based on residency. It is up to the merchant to police their programs in regards to tax issue. If you are approved for a program fairly safe to say they accept NY'ers (or NC or RI).

If you are getting declined after approved and you try to confirm the merchant needs to address the issue better. They are making themselves vulnerable if they rely on affiliates to ask. As an affiliate I would not reconfirm acceptance.

Many merchants who do not accept NY, NC or RI affiliates will not include a clause about NY, NC or RI for several reasons but these merchants will decline you right off.

The only time I email merchants asking about the status of NY is after being denied or as president of Affiliate Advocacy upon request by an affiliate from NY, NC or RI who has been denied. I also do it as part of a review or consultation.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Thanks
    Thanks for the clarification, Mellie. It's just more administrative work for me to reconfirm.

I really don't like to have to deal with the big networks if I don't have to but sometimes I just do.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread