ABW Ambassador
    Does google recrawl the page again once the adsense code comes up once to be able to match up content, and if I put it on each page will my site get deep crawled faster?

Another question or two... I'm using Frontpage and my merchant photos on their servers show while I'm editing the site and when I preview it of course. But google's doesn't show while editing, only while previewing. When I preview will google have a problem since the ad is showing on my local machine? And also is there a way in Frontpage to turn off the ads from showing for the other merchants that do show while I'm editing?

Thanks for the help!
    I forgot what I was doing.

Does google recrawl the page again once the adsense code comes up once to be able to match up content

- yes

and if I put it on each page will my site get deep crawled faster?

- nope

Another question or two... I'm using Frontpage and my merchant photos on their servers show while I'm editing the site and when I preview it of course. But google's doesn't show while editing, only while previewing. When I preview will google have a problem since the ad is showing on my local machine?

- the ad is server generated,that's why is visible only when you preview it or when you have it uploaded. Google won't have a problem.

And also is there a way in Frontpage to turn off the ads from showing for the other merchants that do show while I'm editing?

- I'ven't used FP for ages..someone else here probably knows

http and a telephoto
    You (or a site visitor) have to bring up the page in your browser after you add the code, then the bot will crawl. And the adsense bot does look at the keyword meta tags, so beware.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks guys, good info there. I'll make sure to try to make those meta tags accurate then. Why is it though that the site doesn't get deep crawled faster? Is the bot completely different or just caches the info differently or something?

Even if it doesn't deep crawl faster, maybe google will pick up the pace a bit. The last two PR updates weren't that far apart.

http and a telephoto
    It's a completely different bot.
    Deborah Carney

ABW Ambassador
    Deborah,

I don't think AdSense is looking at the meta keywords. I have meta keywords on some pages and not others. I use to get 100% matching of AdSense ads on all pages to page content. Since Google started their "new" algorithm for AdSense, 75% of their ads don't match to the topic on any page.

http and a telephoto
    I disagree, when I forgot to change my keywords on my phpNuke sites to site related keywords and they had the default nuke keywords ALL my ads were nuke, scripting and webmaster related, which had nothing to do with the site topics, like family, crafts and pets. As soon as I changed the meta tags the ads were appropriate to site content.

They aren't the ONLY thing the adsense spider looks at, but they are looked at and carry some weight. Perhaps if you don't have keywords at all that is a different matter.
    Deborah Carney

I thought I had the appropriate tags in place, but have been getting some kind of baby diapers ad's over the past couple weeks. I have nothing related to babies on the pages I'm using Adsense on (other than sh*t sales!).

Anyone know what could be causing this?
    "Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

ABW Ambassador
    What IS on the pages? They sound like paid ads to me.... must be something setting them off LOL

I have content related to other products on the page, but seem to just be getting random adsense ad's.
    "Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Sounds like the random non-paid ads AdSense displays when it can't (or won't) serve relevant ads.

If you specify an alternative ad URL you'll at least get a banner of your choice displayed instead of Google freebies.

ABW Ambassador
    My ads are pretty relevant I think and I haven't bothered to put in the meta tags like I said (sorry, just been lazy, but still thank you for the advice). Does this mean that my pages are pretty accurate with google's algo and that I just need some more good links?

ABW Ambassador
    Radegast & bpal,

I'm getting ads that are not relevant to the page, but are relevant to other pages on the site. They aren't the free ads that Google serves.

I have one site where every ad served is relevant to part of the domain name and sometimes nothing to do with a particular pages content. I even tried filtering out all of the sites that come up to try and get to a point where AdSense was forced to go to words on the page and ended up just getting the public service ads. It makes money and I'm not displeased, but wish it could be a bit more focussed on the page and not just the domain.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread