KohlsBargains.com - is this allowed?
    I thought it was always against merchants' terms to use their name in your url, and I've found this site: KohlsBargains.com (I'm listed along with them on someone's blog as a recommended site).

Some of the Kohl's links they use are apparently for their other site: [Removed]

I know I'm "tattling" here, but if we all could buy site called TargetBargains, WalmartDeals, and MacysClearance, we'd be doing great.

I don't know what, if anything to do about this, since I can't even get a live person to talk to me about anything at GAN--I haven't been paid, am missing commissions, etc.

I'm just throwing this out there. What do you all think of this? Am I correct in thinking this is not allowed?
    Last edited by MichaelColey; November 12th, 2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Unlinked KohlsBargains.com, Removed one link.

ABW Ambassador
    Many merchant policies does not allow this. If you are not an affiliate, you can possibly do this until legally challenged. I think this affiliate may be flying under radar. May have registered for Kohls under a non-branded domain like his/her other site. And then using the same links on other branded sites. Now, if you really want to complain about this, contact Kohls and see what happens!

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    It's cybersquatting. It is probably easy to close them down for Kohls.

They probably have not noticed or have bigger fish to fry. Some companies are very aggressive about finding these and search domains for their trademarks.

Some ignore them.

Some wait and get 5 or ten of them and then hand them off to a lawyer.

Moderator Note: We normally don't allow affiliate links or revealing affiliate sites, but since this site appears to be a TOS violation, we'll allow the reference for now. I did unlink it (no sense giving them an inbound link) and removed the reference to their main site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    That seems pretty ballsy.

Yes, I realized it's not allowed to post urls, but didn't know how else to say what was going on. Thanks for making an exception regarding the name of the site in question.

And, I don't know how to contact Kohls. Whenever I try to contact any merchant in GAN regarding anything, there's never a reply. Does anyone have a better email address? Or if anyone else would like to let Kohl's know, feel free.

I usually don't care what people do on their sites, and try to just worry about my own, but this is so flagrant--it just irks me to be on a "recommended" list with these people.

ABW Ambassador
    tutu, just ignore and don't worry about this site. it should get caught by kohls at some point. i don't see an issue of you being on their recommended list. kohls can't punish you if a jerk (non affiliated to you) recommends you!. if you're still concerned, contact the GAN rep on this board via PM or some other means!!

Stuff like this happens all of the time, just go to DomainTools and find out exactly how often. The tools are there for these companies to go after these types of domains. Most don't care that much until the said site looks like garbage or promotes pron. People do it. People make money off it. Many of these sites are outside the USA, where the court system has little effect on them. Risk<reward in their opinion.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread