Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Time to Dump EBay?
    I've never been a BIG eBay affiliate - I have no sites or even pages dedicated to them, I just use them as a customer option on brand-type pages (didn't see the right color acme widget here, see more acme widgets at ebay). I had a small but steady return with them since I implemented this strategy.

Since they changed over to their new commission system, which seemed to be basically an AdSense-type pay-per-click-type system, I first saw a decline in "commissions" of around 75-90%. But now, I'm also seeing days where I HAVE CLICKS and receive $0 EARNINGS. How can this be a PPC system if they do not pay for clicks? What, if anything, DO they pay for?

It's time to dumb eBay.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Unfortunately since payout is no longer directly associated with specific sales, no one actually knows what they do and don't pay for.

I can't complain though, as I'm up almost 30% since October 1 under QPC versus the old forumula (WBR * .55 + ACRU * 28).
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

ABW Ambassador
    I gave up on them long time ago. It is too difficult to follow what they are up to ...

I think they just sent out a Partner Network survey. Wonder how that worked out for them.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I think if your EPC drops below 0.01, they don't pay on clicks, which is ridiculous. They're getting free traffic then. And I'm not sure ACRUs count anymore because I got two of them and it didn't do anything to my EPC, in fact, my EPC went DOWN.

It's sad, but I'm longing for the days they were on CJ...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I saw $0.00 EPC for 11/1 through 11/9 and thought it must be a reporting bug that would be fixed. 11/10 to 11/12 are showing as $.14 EPC. I don't see how that could be accurate but then I don't do any big numbers with EPN and haven't researched the EPC calculation.

Thumbs down
    since they don't pay for ACRU's, I've been busy removing all the recruiting creatives on my sites.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread