Wordpress Expert Needed
    Hi All,

I'm trying to get a site going by Nov. 1st yeah, I know I'm running behind as usual Anyways I was thinking 25.00 an hour and if you know what your doing it may only be a couple of hours of work but I'll make sure I find at least 4 hours of work for you one way or another.

I'm looking to hire someone to help me out with a wordpress website. I've always been able to install it to sites but have always had problems tweaking it and getting the plugins and so on to install. I know what I'm offering probably isn't near what some of your talents are worth but it's what I have to offer.

Just one example of one of the problems I always have is adding popshops. There are many more. It could be something to do with my hosting or not???

Anyways I prefer someone I know here but if I don't know you I'll run ya by some others I know to make sure everything is cool. Anyone that thinks they can help and it's worth your time can PM me if interested. Thanks!

Mods, sorry if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place and feel free to do what you have to
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Someone was complaining about Popshops & wordpress the other day. Several found a better alternative was a plug in called execute php or something like that.

What theme are you using?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I've always been able to install it to sites but have always had problems tweaking it and getting the plugins and so on to install.
    You've got it installed and running. That's not much you need to hire somebody to tweak it or edit it. Save your money.

Maybe you should ask some specific questions so we can chime in and provide you some help.

As to popshop plugin problem, here is the link:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=125950

Should have mentioned I switched to Thesis theme and that solved some issues I was having.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

ABW Ambassador
    If you got Wordpress uploaded and it's just the tweaking and plugins, I'm sure people can help for free. I've gotten a lot of good help here since I started with it recently and so far things are running smooth.

Ditto. Most would help for free here. If you want to keep your detailed issues off the thread here, just send them in a multi-recipient PM. I will help if you wish. No expert here though. Have it set up manually on about 5 or so different sites, all with different themes..some edited.

The theme is Green Park 2 0.9.501. For now anyways. I had problems with one plugin that I finally got to take but I had to set the permissions low on that directory which I don't think is a good thing. I think it's just a matter of FRUSTRATION setting in

Thanks Mel, Mayfly and Trust for the advise. Maybe I'll do some asking around like ya's said and see what happens. I'll also check out the execute php Mellie and see if that fixes things

sfcom, I really appreciate that. I'll play around some more and if I can't get something I need I may take you up on the offer

Sure, no problem. I will be away from the computer the rest of the afternoon though...so don't fret if I can't get a reply to you quickly. I'll take a look at that particular theme when I get back on this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    The theme is Green Park 2 0.9.501. For now anyways. I had problems with one plugin that I finally got to take but I had to set the permissions low on that directory which I don't think is a good thing. I think it's just a matter of FRUSTRATION setting in

Thanks Mel, Mayfly and Trust for the advise. Maybe I'll do some asking around like ya's said and see what happens. I'll also check out the execute php Mellie and see if that fixes things
    There are two similar plugins Mayfly, Trust, and others were speaking about in that recent thread. One is exec-php, the other is php execution. The clearest difference between the two, as far as I can see, is that php execution lets you use the WYSIWYG wordpress editor; exec-php really only works well with the html view wordpress editor.

I've personally always used exec-php, because I HATE most WYSIWYG editors, the WP WYSIWYG in particular. But that's just personal preference.

As far as the theme you're using -- Green Park 2 -- wow, have you tried any others? Green Park 2 is NOT the easiest WP theme to tweak. It has a ton of garbage coding in the sidebars. I would offer to help with that, but I finally gave up on using it myself. (Don't like really complicated, bells-and-whistles themes of any sort, personally. Mostly, I'm not bright enough to tweak them into looking very good.)
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Others use that one but I had problems with that on as well, trying to tweak the sidebar - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=124006

I've found some easier ones. Check out the Blogging forum we have here. http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=493

Some decent threads in there.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Good tips already but let me know if you need more help at jorge /at/ jrami.com.

Been using wordpress along with thesis for over a year now so pretty much a guru now, lol.

A friend sent me this today, lots of good free themes here http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...dpress-themes/ but if you need a good non-free, good support, good seo and more tools built in, try thesis.

See info video http://diythemes.com/thesis/

Thanks for the great links all. I managed to get a couple things tweaked and happen to find a place in that theme where I can add adsense to posts without having to do it manually every time I wanted to add it.

I almost have the sidebar how I want it. I haven't looked yet to see if I can have each post show up on the side bar but my guess is that I will be able to. Something like the last 10 posts or something.

WriterGuy, thanks and I'm definitely going to check out the exec-php and the php execution .

Trust, I just read that thread. A tweak I made earlier dropped my jaw to the floor. I thought I screwed the whole site up for awhile but finally was able to get it back

Jorge, once again I really appreciate the offer to help and I'll check out the other themes. I know I talked with mel earlier and I think she mentioned that she also likes the thesis.

Thanks again for the help everyone

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    Forums can be great when you get stuck. I had a site I was working on and for almost 4 days I was banging my head on trying to fix something that I knew should be working. I finally posted out on a forum and within about 5 minutes, they helped me discover I was missing a semicolon in a line of code I'd been tweaking and staring at the whole time. Was beating myself up that I didn't ask for help earlier. Would have saved a lot of headaches. Sometimes a second pair of eyes is all it takes . Good luck! I am learning Thesis right now and trying to master hooks so i'm sure your posts might help some of us out too .

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread