cj.com links not working sometimes -- DNS errors
    Is anyone else seeing occasional DNS errors with cj.com affiliate links?

For example, if I click a cj.com affiliate link or simply paste the URL into my web browser ( e.g.: http://www. kqzyfj .com/click-XXXX-XXXX ), my web browser sometimes is unable to resolve the domain name www. kqzyfj .com and gives up. If I try again, it then goes through fine. Same for links with the other half-dozen or so cj.com domains ( e.g.: www. anrdoezrs .net ).

I have been seeing this problem repeatedly for a few weeks now for all the cj.com affiliate link domains and even the members.cj.com domain.

The number of DNS errors that I am seeing for cj.com domains is completely out of the ordinary. Other than the cj.com domains, I practically never see a DNS error, so it is not a problem at my local end and probably not a problem at my ISP's DNS server. I notice that cj.com uses Akamai.com (akadns.net and akadns.org) for DNS so may be it is a problem at Akamai.com or at cj.com's DNS servers.

Not having links work on the first click is not good for sales! I have asked cj.com about this problem and I'm waiting for an answer from them.

P.S.: This problem has nothing to do with my scripts. This problem appears to be a cj.com DNS issue. If I simply paste any cj.com affiliate link (for any merchant) into my web browser, it does not work sometimes.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

As a followup to the cj.com DNS issue, cj.com support replied with the following reply on 17-Nov-2009:

Thank you for your inquiry. We are aware of the issue and is still currently being discussed by one of our teams here at Commission Junction.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread