Affiliates of an affiliate?
    Hello everyone,

I have been interested in affiliate marketing for some time and I have browsed the forums, but now that I actually want to get started I have a question. I am thinking of starting a website and without giving away the details, I want to enable people to post their own affiliate links (it will be a wiki-based interface where people are creating their own content).

Since most affiliate programs require people to have their own websites to sign up, I may be the only person able to sign up for affiliate programs on behalf of my site. I want to enable others to make money through affiliate links, so is there any way I can track how the sales these people are making?

My initial thought is to use my affiliate link for every product on the site and internally track who made the sale. This would take a lot of work and the process would be largely manual, so I am looking for a more automated solution. Also, I'm not quite sure of the legality of this process, but then again I don't know if it's even been done before.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, and I'd be happy to clarify if no one understands my long-winded question!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hello, and welcome to ABestWeb.

Your idea sounds like Squidoo, and its imitators.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    I think most networks have it so you can track that kind of thing with different parameters. With CJ, you can use SID and give each person their own link/code etc. Kind of like where I might have a CJ merchant in different sections of my site, I give each link it's own SID so I can see what page the sales are coming from. Other networks have stuff like that.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. And now that you mention it, yeah it is sort of similar to Squidoo. I'm trying to focus on a niche market so hopefully I can find some success there. Thanks again for the quick reply, I'll have to look into specific affiliate networks that I join.

Thumbs up Affiliate Marketing
    Hey Ryan!

Good to hear you are getting into the affiliate marketing world. The best thing to do when starting up is to see how your competitors do it. Look at how they designed their site, see what keywords they use my searching their URL in this nifty google ad tool: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

You can add their sites to the website content section.

Hope this helps!

-Josh

6. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread