Did Anyone Get this Email From IpodJiuce/Milliamp LTD?
    Here's an email with new terms that I received today.
    Complete New Agreement:
    Milliamp LTD does NOT ALLOW COUPONS OR DISCOUNT CODES of any kind in the affiliate channel. The use of coupon codes or advertising the availability of coupon codes on your affiliate site or in PPC advertising is strictly prohibited. Affiliates using any coupon codes to drive traffic to Milliamp LTD will be removed from the program and commissions earned will be rejected. Further, any sales from Affiliates who featured "unauthorized" coupon codes or discount codes will find their sales commissions rejected and will be removed from the program. Milliamp LTD no longer allows coupon sites in the affiliate channel. Also, if you are not registered or generally known as a coupon affiliate and are approved and place coupons or discount ads in a coupon site that you may own or utilize, your commissions will be rejected and your membership in the Milliamp LTD affiliate program will be terminated.

So they're saying that if I have a coupon(s) from another merchant, I'm out of their program?

If that's true, it's STUPID!

Wow -- looks like coupon sites these days are going through similar headaches we PPC affiliates went through the past 2-3 years. Lots of overreaction and irrationality.

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    Wow -- looks like coupon sites these days are going through similar headaches we PPC affiliates went through the past 2-3 years. Lots of overreaction and irrationality.
    Who knows what goes through these guys brains. I sure can't figure it out.

Nothing new about it. Some companies just don't want their brand to be associated with discounting. Most still like the sales, and realize that coupons and promotions can motivate purchases.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

It may not be technically 'new' -- but I would still hold that there is a more aggressive stance being taken against both PPC affiliates and coupon site affiliates. I spend hours reading merchant terms per week and based on my non-scientific data I see more and more restrictions in these areas. But - hey - you're the site admin so I better not argue too much!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Nothing new about it. Some companies just don't want their brand to be associated with discounting. Most still like the sales, and realize that coupons and promotions can motivate purchases.
    Hi,
    It jsut gets me mad. My site has coupons, products and shopping in general. It's stupid to restrict me because I might have coupons on my site.

That's just my humble opinion.

The difference is that PPC violations receive a warning and get to respond to the merchant. They don't get summarily booted from a program for running PPC ads for other merchants. No matter how silly the terms are you are aware of what they are before you waste your time and money promoting that merchant.

Vivid Seats threw me out of their program with zero notice because they said I have a coupon site. I do not have a coupon site but if a merchant offers a coupon I'm definitely going to post their coupon where shoppers can use it - on the same page where I promote that merchant. I don't think any of my sites ranks for the term "coupon" in any search and I certainly was not offering any coupons for Vivid Seats. They are just another clueless merchant.

I don't think that the network should permit merchants to boot affiliates from their program without notice and without any process. I read their terms and never guessed how they would interpret them. These guys sound like they would do the same thing but I would ask specifically to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    The difference is that PPC violations receive a warning and get to respond to the merchant. They don't get summarily booted from a program for running PPC ads for other merchants. No matter how silly the terms are you are aware of what they are before you waste your time and money promoting that merchant.

Vivid Seats threw me out of their program with zero notice because they said I have a coupon site. I do not have a coupon site but if a merchant offers a coupon I'm definitely going to post their coupon where shoppers can use it - on the same page where I promote that merchant. I don't think any of my sites ranks for the term "coupon" in any search and I certainly was not offering any coupons for Vivid Seats. They are just another clueless merchant.

I don't think that the network should permit merchants to boot affiliates from their program without notice and without any process. I read their terms and never guessed how they would interpret them. These guys sound like they would do the same thing but I would ask specifically to be sure.
    Ummmm.... I've spent LOADS & LOADS of money working on a tweaking PPC campaigns, keyword lists, ad title, ad copy, etc. only to have merchants (or their new ad agency, etc.) announce an effective immediately (more/less) change to their PPC terms (such as prohibiting direct linking or disallowing PPC affiliates all together). In these cases (quite a few) I've lost not only effort and time, but sometimes thousands of dollars of 'research' funds.

Similarly, I've had solid sources of income literally stop overnight in these situations -- and then had the frustrating by-product of seeing non-compliant affiliates doing what is not allowed and (seemingly) getting away with it while I sit on the sidelines heeding the new directives. Ugh.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread