I just did a comparision search of search terms relevent to my site.Yahoo-16,000,000 sites,I am on the first page. Google- 8,500,000 sites,I am nowhere. I guess it's going to be up to which SE's people choose that determine my revenue. Maybe Yahoo will start an adsense program. I do believe that Yahoo is most used as an SE

Ever since Froogle just before became active, Yahoo has been the top source of searches for my site. I think that Google is shooting holes in its own foot. A lot of us carry Adwords on our sites and we're not getting the same traffic from Google these days.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

yes tiger you are correct. I remember when Google was new and they paid us 2cents per click at CJ. Both owners are now worth 1 billion each. Maybe some of us should join forces and build our search engine. There are enough members here that we could build and promote a small search engine relative to our needs.This search engine could be pure and free from all the irrelevent crap.A lot of sites get high listings in categories that have no relievent information. They just pay to be placed there

The big problem I see with Yahoo is it doesn't refresh it's index. I redid a site for a manufacturing company over a month ago and Yahoo is still showing the old pages.

Hi Jane. Would that because Google does this manually? Do all search engines use spiders or which ones are manual?

I'd love to part of a search engine project count me in.

Thanks,
    DOug
    Thanks,
    Doug

Great ! Lets see how many others would be interested in starting our own search engine. For one thing it sure it would be interesting to see how far we could get with this project. We need some smart programers. We could also do this on a share system.

ABW Ambassador
    I guess whatever SE sends us the most traffic is the best

And if Yahoo does become the favorite of users, they are going to have a model like Adsense down the road, which should pay more since Overture advertisers pay more.

I guess it all depends what your site is about. My main site contains work at home INFORMATION, not a bunch of affiliate programs to join. However, if you do a search in Google or Yahoo for work at home resources, information, etc., you get all the SFI, PCI, and other affiliate and MLM opportunities. Very few provide real information.

Although my site only has a PR of 3 with Google, I get a lot of quality hits from them. Same thing with Yahoo. It has happened that the referring page had listings in the 300+ because the first few hundred pages are garbage and people are looking for information rather than get rich quick scheme websites. My site also appears on the first page of many search engines for other relevant search phrases. YEAH!

Reciprocal links give high rankings to many irrelevant sites with Google, and that's very unfortunate. I have no intention of linking with scams or other affiliate program personal sites just to increase my page rank. I've looked for good sites to exchange links with, but they're few and far in between, and most of them have declined (some didn't even answer) because they don't do link exchange.

How do you boost your Google ranking without exchanging links?

Thanks!

Catwoman

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread