Deactivated???
    Earlier this afternoon I tried to log into my account and it said "Our records indicate that your account has been deactivated." So I call up CJ and they told me I needed to email network quality. I never received any notification/warning or whatsoever. Back in May I had a "warning" on non-bona fide leads which turned out to be the merchant's mistake. This time I didn't even receive any warning or notification of any sort. I don't do any PPC or any nefarious promoting. I'm also a CJ Peformer. Has this happened to anyone else???

If you're a CJ Performer you should have an account rep -- start with him/her.

If you are truly legit, I think with a certain amount of patience and perseverance you should make progress. Be sure to call ValueClick in MA as some of those folks have seniority over the SoCal CJ people.

Pretty Scary. Hope everything works out.

Unhappy
    Thanks for the advice OTProf. They just sent me a very vague email saying that that they found non bona fide transactions generated from "intricate knowledge of non-compliant techniques". I have absolutely NO IDEA what they're talking about. The only thing I can think of is my use of redirects to track clicks, but I've been using that for 2 years at least. And as far as I know, pretty much everyone uses redirect to track clicks. I've asked for more detail. This is just outrageous and totally unfair. I can't believe it.

Are you running ads through a keyword tracking tool like Prosper202? I've heard such redirects cause all kinds of headaches -- but usually in conjunction with the **cloaking** of such redirects. If you've cloaked, you might need (somehow?) to show that your traffic/etc. is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    Are you running ads through a keyword tracking tool like Prosper202? I've heard such redirects cause all kinds of headaches -- but usually in conjunction with the **cloaking** of such redirects. If you've cloaked, you might need (somehow?) to show that your traffic/etc. is legit.
    No nothing like that since we don't use PPC. What do you mean by cloaking? I have a script that for instance converts a link to such as http://abc.com to http://my domain.com/track.php?aasdfkasjlfa. People click on the link, stats are record to our DB, and then there's a redirect to the destination page. I've been using this script for two years and never really ran into problem. Occasionally merchants will ask where the link came from but that's about it.

In CJ they allow you to encrypt the links. You can also do it yourself via various types of cloaking and tracking software. In a lot of these cases CJ can't fully follow the click trail (b/c of the cloaking) which (unfortunately) makes them instantly suspicious that something fishy is going on. If you've had merchants ask about click/traffic sources that might imply that not all the data is accessible within the CJ interface.

Is your traffic coming only from your own websites or via search engine PPC? I've heard of people having issues when attempting media buys, facebook ads, craigslist, and other types of promotion as the CJ terms state that clicks must come from your own site. For some of these (such as FB) you can eventually get approval -- but you must indicate (strangely) that you are an 'incentive' publisher and then reapply to all programs!! Crazy.

If most of your sales come from a couple of merchants you might want to reach out to them as they may know more info (and/or they may be the source of the problem!!). Again -- good luck on this.

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    In CJ they allow you to encrypt the links. You can also do it yourself via various types of cloaking and tracking software. In a lot of these cases CJ can't fully follow the click trail (b/c of the cloaking) which (unfortunately) makes them instantly suspicious that something fishy is going on. If you've had merchants ask about click/traffic sources that might imply that not all the data is accessible within the CJ interface.

Is your traffic coming only from your own websites or via search engine PPC? I've heard of people having issues when attempting media buys, facebook ads, craigslist, and other types of promotion as the CJ terms state that clicks must come from your own site. For some of these (such as FB) you can eventually get approval -- but you must indicate (strangely) that you are an 'incentive' publisher and then reapply to all programs!! Crazy.

If most of your sales come from a couple of merchants you might want to reach out to them as they may know more info (and/or they may be the source of the problem!!). Again -- good luck on this.
    My traffic only comes from my own websites- I never do any PPC or any social networks, software, email, etc. I think you make a great point that I should contact some of my (former) major CJ merchants about this. I am also thinking about a lawsuit because none of this makes any sense. I've sent them thousands of sales and leads for many years, became CJ Performer this year, and this is the treatment I get- no benefit of doubt, no communication whatsoever- just some vague accusations. For a few merchants I did have both CJ and Pepperjam links on the same page and I wonder if that had anything to do with it- but probably not since I've had it like that for a while.

And can you believe that the links (before I took them down earlier today) all still worked in terms of reaching the destination merchant page. On Friday afternoon I spoke to a CJ rep (not my personal CJ rep, who hasn't even returned any of my emails) via phone and she said that yeah the links will still work even though I've been deactivated because "they can't turn them off". So I asked so who's earning the commissions? And she said nobody....

Thanks again OTProf- I really appreciate it!

So people are still going to their site from your links and they are still making money, but now you don't get the commissions from the sales? Sounds like something to fix right away. If we don't get credit for our sales, then we're just slave labor.

I just want to provide an update that it turned out to be CJ's error and we are now re-instated. They explained that it was an extremely rare and basically never had it happen with a CJ Performer. That was a traumatic experience but it may turn out to be for the better in the long run in terms of opening up more communications.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

That is AWESOME news!! Congrats!

So glad it worked out well in your favor -- I bet you will have an extra Thankful Thanksgiving Now!!!

Great News!
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Make sure they give you compensation for the commissions you would have earned for the period that your account was deactivated.

As a performer that would be $333+ per day?

wow...I'm glad you resolved this in a positive manner.

I guess it will make this holiday even more jolly.

I'm wondering if it's part of CJ's business plan to deactivate affiliate but to keep the traffic coming via links left behind. My volume is low, but I push regular traffic to them, got deactivated but magically all the links still work (for them.) Thanks for the advice in this thread, I'll start calling.

Best,

Justin
    [i]Always interested in great B2B affiliate programs that serve Sales and Marketing professionals. Private message if you have something.[/i]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread