Instant Decline
    I have an email in to the AM, but in the meantime, I figured I'd bring it up here, too. I applied for a program (which, for now, will remain nameless) and I was instantly declined. Something in the system at CJ must have triggered this, and I'm wondering if anyone has run into it, too.

Given that I work with ShareASale more than anyone, I'm pretty much a CJ noob still, so any insight would be helpful.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Sometimes a merchant is not accepting any new affiliates and you will get an instant decline when you apply.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

That makes sense. Kinda wish there was some notification in the merchant listing that tipped people off before jumping through all the hoops to apply for the program. Thanks, BB.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Someone familiar with the CJ system could provide more detail, but my understanding is that CJ merchants can elect to auto-decline affiliates based on several factors, including geographic location. Some merchants will not accept web publishers outside the US, or will exclude prospective affiliates from specific countries (such as China and India, for reasons discussed in some other threads on ABW). In addition, some merchants exclude web publishers in specific states (for example, NY, NC, and RI because of their unconstitutional sales-tax laws).

I agree that merchants should clearly disclose their program status and any restrictions -- if they are not currently accepting new affiliates, they should ask the network to stop displaying the program to publishers who are not already enrolled; if they will auto-deny affiliates for specific reasons, they should change their program description to reflect this (but of course on CJ, many affiliates just click on lots of merchants without reading the detailed program descriptions).

ABW Ambassador
    Mark is right on I think. A variety of merchant settings can decline pubs automatically.

I got some auto declines when one of my sites was flagged as a loyalty type. They require you to identify your loyalty sites at CJ. I have since removed that and not had the problem.

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    Yes, merchants can set up an auto-decline based on the following: location, publisher category, network rank, and/or incentive site.

We have all sites ranked at 0 to auto-decline, as we found that new sites to CJ were getting auto-applied to our program, whether they had a site remotely related or not. This was leaving us with a pile of unrelated, uninterested applications to plow through.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

I've had this happen from time to time. It doesn't hurt to send them a message to show them that you have a site where they would be a good fit. I've had some luck doing that.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Definately email them. Show them you are human.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I did send them an email on Saturday, but haven't heard anything back yet (of course, I understand it was a weekend ). I laid out all the reasons why I think the site would be a great fit, so I hope it's something the AM can consider and manually approve.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread