ebay outage
    FYI, eBay is having major problems today. I noticed my site was acting sluggish and after researching, I found that the eBay API was acting up. Well, evidently it is a much bigger outage than just the eBay API.

Search is broken on eBay.com! I just checked about 10 minutes ago 11/21 5:20 CST and couldn't search for anything. I get this error:
    We were unable to run the search you entered. Please try again in a few minutes.
    Its evidently been going on all day. Here is a blog post on actionbytes that is chronicling the outage:

http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin...258839253.html

So tomorrow, when you try to figure out what happened to your EPN commissions... There you go...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

It's probably my fault, I've cursed it by posting a few items for auction. Every time I do that, something goes haywire. So much for last-minute bidding wars
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ABW Ambassador
    per ebay policy, items ending during outage (+1 hour after) will be extended by 24 hours + they get other credits.

this extended outage of ebay for almost the whole day today per reports may be a headache to many sellers on ebay this season!

a welcome result from the ebay outage was my adsense earnings were best day in a long time. With no ebay products on the page, the visitors must have wondered.

LOL if the Adsense earnings were comparable or favorable, that might call for placing them front-and-center on the page, above the ebay offerings
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by ToughTurkey
    a welcome result from the ebay outage was my adsense earnings were best day in a long time. With no ebay products on the page, the visitors must have wondered.
    Yes, this might have fringe benefits for me as well. I took eBay and Half.com off my price comparison website and my price check pages went from 8 second load times to several 100 millisecond load times.

It seems that they still don't have ebay.com back in perfect working order. I see a lot of PO'd eBay seller comments on that auction bytes thread. I'm going to leave eBay off my site for a few days and see if my earnings increase or decrease. Amazon is certainly benefiting from this outage!
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I removed eBay from one of my sites this morning. (Of course I should have checked the change - I ended up breaking the site - DOH! All fixed now.) I don't think I'll be adding them back.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread