Hi all
    who are the computer geeks? I know I have never signed up for them but yet I had 7 emails with specials from them! I have no idea what network they are from so I cant drop them. But as soon as I find out I will be dropping every merchant that I have in that network.

This is the mail-out that we sent out on Tuesday, April 13th to our customers
    who sign up
    for our e-mail alerts.

The standard affiliate return is 3% per sale unless otherwise noted.

The computergeeks are at bfree and I have receive the same emails with specials from them or from an spammer.

After I read your post I went to check those emails and I found that they're from (compgeeks) not from (computergeeks) but, since they're coming to the special email address that I used for bfree merchants, now I know what to do next.

I too have never signed up for any e-mail alerts. Something fishy is going on.

i agree i got the same email.. interesting..

It's not just the affiliate mail-out that I received, but I've also received several full page "Buy Now" html emails with a "Secret Savings Code" telling me to add product X to my cart and add the promotional code. These don't exactly look like affiliate targeted mailings. The from line says, "ComputerGeeks.com Partner Marketing". More like SPAM!

My feathers are a bit ruffled.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They refused to keep from setting a house account cookies on those millions of e-mails sent out monthly, or make those flyers into an affiliate coded e-mail flyer. Their site should sell like gang busters for savvy computer shoppers ...but it doesn't.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yes it does.

Fat chance of ever getting a sale and huge chance the have The Geeks steal your referral with the diversion trap. Their spin is full of holes as never ever in 3 years have they once proven they fullfill and of these Out of Stock items. It's pure BS to entice shoppers without paying affiliates a dime.

Go ahead and sell around this image appearing hundreds a times from my pre-sell efforts. Over 3000 clicks throughs to Geeks great digital camera showcase deals without ONE SALE. ZHundreds of hours setting up Geek computers system sales averaging 1 sale per 600 clicks throughs....LOL. They failed to come here when asked to pick up the slack left behind by TigerDirect. That refusal alone speaks volumes and places them into the ranks of thousands of merchants who run pure play advertising programs ...not oriented sales programs.

I set side by side product special displays on the same pages for the Geeks and TigerDirect last June. Lots of traffic to both..

EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community
    From 06/01/2003 To 06/30/2003
    Affiliate Site # Shipments Shipped Sales # Returns Returned Sales Net Sales Site Revenue
    EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community sales=2 $236.95 0 $0.00 $236.95 commissions=$7.11

EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community
    From 06/01/2003 To 06/30/2003
    Affiliate Site # Shipments Shipped Sales # Returns Returned Sales Net Sales Site Revenue
    EcomCity -worlds most complete shopping community sales=96 $24,296.92 3 $1,781.76 $22,515.16 commission=$939.61

Damn shame the Geek owners refuse to follow the paths set forth for any computer merchant to succeed laid down right here at ABW using TD as the model.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

Whatever Mike, you complain because you can't sell, I just sell the stuff, don't know what's really wrong on your end. If you are going to post numbers like that, you should've included the clicks. And most merchants don't come here because they don't like to be attacked, it would be different if there was just discussion, but there's not. Maybe your not really putting any value into those clicks or maybe you really can't sell anything but Tiger stuff, the stuff anyone can sell.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread