Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Question Seeking Suggestions for Canada
    Hi All

We have a potential client that has seperate US and Canadian web sites. They presently have an aff program for their US Site, but nothing for Canada.

Naturally the focus for their Canadian site is Canadian Customers

The client was keen on the "Canada Network" concept. Exploring the potential of a Canada focused affiliate program it appears to me that the majority of "Canada Focused" networks are pretty quite / dead / Lead Gen focused.

Am I overlooking a functional Canada focused network , other than LinkShare CA?

My main thought right now is that we are just as well to launch on a US based network and recruit directly through that network folks who have Canada focused sites or are interested in developing such sites.

Any one have any brighter and better ideas?

Any one with a live active and sales generating Canada Focused Network, feel free to speak up, no lead gen focused networks please.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Online Marketing Consultant
    Chris, I'm having the same issue. Liz Gazer was partnered with a "New" Canadian Network a few Affiliate Summits ago, you may want to reach out to her. We decided to move forward with SAS for both programs and will just recruit in for CA. Let me know if you find something different out. =0).
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Affiliate Manager
    We've done well on SAS and CJ with Canadian affiliates. I don't think a Canadian network would make much of a difference.

Bob

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Check with brian of Pingo and Gus of Tiger Direct.

Both of them have a Linkshare CA program. Not sure if they have dedicated sites for those prog but check and see

We have a potential client that has seperate US and Canadian web sites.
    Do they also have separate distribution centers, so they can ship their merchandise from within Canada? This could be a serious issue...
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=126510
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I would recommend checking with Connie Berg and Mike Allen. They both run Canadian-focused affiliate sites (or at least a second of their sites focused on Canada), and could probably tell you which networks seem to perform the best with Canadian traffic and have the best selection of Canadian merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by davidh
    Do they also have separate distribution centers, so they can ship their merchandise from within Canada? This could be a serious issue...
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=126510

Good Point and yes they are well established in Canada already

Thank you everyone for the feedback and suggestions I'll reach out to the people noted and get their thoughts and feedback.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Being a Canadian Affiliate here are my view on the above.

Their are no strong Canadian affiliate networks available at this time but I think Shareresults are hoping to become bigger.

I suggest that you just use the same affiliate program you have now and just add Canadian Links and banners. Would you have a Canadian Data feed??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    Nope - nothing up here. It is a network wasteland up here.

I have helped a couple of friends set up programs here and the big complaint is having to pay-out Canadian affiliates in US dollars (for sales made in Canadian dollars). The exchange rate can be a real profit-eater. So, I would choose a network that can work front to back in Canadian dollars.

Best of luck!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread