For weeks my PR=3; but, this morning I wake to find my PR=0 ! This is a new site, so I expect some shifting around as I add pages, etc. But, going from 3 to 0 ? What could I have done to screw up my ranking? I've checked my links and built a site map and everything should be linked together. Still, less than 25% of my pages are indexed (awstats indicates only 12 pages).
    Is this something I should be worried about now? I don't think many would want to link to my site with a PR=0. So frustrating - I thought I was moving ahead - not backwards!

http and a telephoto
    Google seems to be doing a shuffle again today, so hang tight and see what your PR is a little later. My listings have dropped significantly for a site that has been hot, so maybe they are just doing one of their famous juggles. Hopefully all will be well by tomorrow.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Animal Lover
    Google's in flux. My new site moves from PR0 to PR5...as Deborah said, hang in there, it will come back.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

That's a relief... I'll quit hitting my head on the wall for now.

Yup Google's doing something with the PR.
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator!

ABW Ambassador
    What I'm seeing is a bounce between old PR (like 2 months ago) and the new one that rolled out a few weeks back. This can also be seen in the backlinks. On one backlink search on my site, I pulled up the # of backlinks I had about 2 months ago. On another, I get the updated backlink count of 2 weeks or so.

Not sure if I would call this an update - more like a balancing of some sort between old and newer indexes for some strange reason.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Google has lost your page, sort of. If you check you'll see that your inner pages have a PR of 2, but your root page is zero.

If you type site:jdsguam.com you will see that your inner pages are in the google cashe, but your root page is gone. When google, re-caches your root page, it will return to a PR of 3.

My site has the opposite problem, my root page is ok, but google lost all my inner pages, I am pissed and have been complaining about this for weeks.

Mike

Google has been having a bad year.

Actually, Google also had a bad 4th quarter last year. Perhaps it's growing pains, perhaps something else. Who knows. Nothing is constant on Google these days. Wait it out a bit, what worked yesterday won't work today, and what works today won't work tomorrow.

Probably best to just not worry about it for now and let Google get its act together.

Andy

It is strange... My index page was at 0 when I checked seconds ago - then reading what Mike suggested - I looked around my site again - came back to my index and suddenly my index shows 3 again. Damn crazy....

google is showing me a PR of 3 right now on your site and maybe 11 acknowledged pages.

PR0 on a new site will often just mean that it's not indexed properly.

If you get a *real* PR0 penalty then you site simply won't show up anywhere in the first pages of SERPs, even if you type in the domain name directly as a search term. A real PR0 is fairly easy to spot if you've had the misfortune of having one.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread