Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    New ABW Logo Contest!
    Voting is Finished!

The winner is Alex Bet!

We're working on a new look for ABestWeb.com, and with that will come a new logo. In ABW fashion, we're going to do it as a contest.

From now through 11:59pm EST on December 11th, submit your entries here in this thread. (Just attach the logo and insert it into your post.)

Shortly thereafter, I'll put together a poll, and we'll take votes for 7 days. Whichever logo gets the most votes wins!

The winner will not only have the distinction of having designed our official new ABW logo, but they'll also receive their choice of $50 via PayPal or a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate!

One additional requirement: By submitting an entry, you confirm that it is your own original design and that you agree to transfer complete rights to use the logo to ABestWeb.com and iNET should you win the contest.

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
    Last edited by MichaelColey; December 19th, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

You just sunset my coffee mug......
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    3 questions:

Q1. I am no grahics designer but a quick question, will ABW retain its same theme colors?

Q2. And site design wise, it is going to have a hip web 2.0 look or maintain its format?

Q3. How many entries per person? 2? 3?

Just hope that you can put some info out early in the game. Will refer this to some graphics friends.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    You just sunset my coffee mug......
    No, now it's a collector's item!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    3 questions:

Q1. I am no grahics designer but a quick question, will ABW retain its same theme colors?

Q2. And site design wise, it is going to have a hip web 2.0 look or maintain its format?

Q3. How many entries per person? 2? 3?

Just hope that you can put some info out early in the game. Will refer this to some graphics friends.
    We'll be changing the color scheme and design, too, so you can use whatever colors, theme, and design that you like.

I'm not going to limit the number of entries, as long as it's reasonable.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Why change something that is already working well?
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Online Marketing Consultant
    I don't like this change, but then again....next on eBay, Original ABW Member Pin, Spinning Pen and stand and tons of memories of the logo which I think should stay. I like the old logo =0(. (Not really listing that stuff, good memories from meeting Haiko for the first time with Deb and Christian and Everyone else for dinner.)

Michael, I agree with Eric, we should see the new site and layout and maybe design the logo to work with it?
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

This will probably keep me from what I should be doing, working on my sites, but count me in!

I like the old logo too, but I've got some ideas that, hopefully if I pull it off, give it a new look, but keep old elements to it.

Let me just brush off my graphics skills a bit and get back to you...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I'm looking forward to seeing the submissions! I know there's a tremendous amount of talent here. (Someone must have it, because I sure don't!)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Just a heads up: The prize will probably end up being larger. I'm starting to hear from people wanting to kick some money into the prize fund!

I'll try to get some clarification on design and colors, but my current understanding is that we're totally flexible and will design the new look and feel of the site around the new logo. (I may have misunderstood that, though.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

One of the most common issues I hear when I suggest that someone visit ABestWeb.com is, "what the heck does that name mean?" The name doesn't really capture what the forum is about. The current "tag line" ("Where the Affiliate Community Comes Together!") certainly helps folks understand what the site is about, IF they know what an "affiliate" is (e.g. that it means "web publishers and marketers who accept/display performance-based advertising").

Do you have any other mission statement, tag line, audience description, or anything else that might help guide the direction of any designs, so that the logo might help newbies understand what the forum is about, and what the audience is? Should any logo designs reflect keywords like "affiliate" or "web publisher"? (Alternatively, would you prefer to have a "non-communicative" logo that would allow for future expansion and new directions?)

Nice to see the prize grow. Maybe I'm being cynical, but it seems like the new owners are looking for a (almost) freebie.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

I'm boggled as to why anyone with any real artistic ability would design a new logo for here for free. I also feel its a slam to Haiko to change the appearance of ABW so soon after he sold the site.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    I'm boggled as to why anyone with any real artistic ability would design a new logo for here for free. I also feel its a slam to Haiko to change the appearance of ABW so soon after he sold the site.
    I get your meaning, but I'm not sure I agree. Everyone remodels a house they buy, even if it's just new paint and area rugs... As long as we don't totally cover the hardwoods, I'm ok with it.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Just keep it like it is, but change the colors to a "rainbow" scheme. The rainbow is used to symbolize diversity. So, use the logo as a symbol of diversity to show all are welcome. This is a place for all people, affiliate and merchant, to discuss the areas of affiliate marketing without prejudice or bias. An open forum for communication and advancement of the affiliate marketing business which welcomes all people to join in the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi
    As Michael described it, this is a contest where the winning design gets a prize, so the winning designer will get something for their work. Honestly, I think it's nice that they're letting ABWers be involved in coming up with the new design, rather than just changing things without our input or without giving us notice. Can you imagine if you just showed up one day and everything was completely re-designed?
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Can you imagine if you just showed up one day and everything was completely re-designed?
    Yeah!

Now we can have someone we know to blame it on if it looks like crap -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    One of the most common issues I hear when I suggest that someone visit ABestWeb.com is, "what the heck does that name mean?"
    I'm not sure that DigitalPoint, WickedFire, WarriorForum, V7N, 5StarAffiliatePrograms (oh wait, that one makes sense) make sense, either . Webhostingtalk, on the other hand, does.

Everyone needs to calm down. There may be a reason we need a new logo. We might not know the whole story behind this.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I am thinking of a new logo with a cowbell and a thick beard.

EDITED!
    Last edited by Mr. Sal; November 24th, 2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: If I can add no more jpg attachments, this post is gone!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Ok!
    That's much better nerd.

I thought for a minute there that I was going to have to you.

Are you any good with graphics Mr. Sal? If you are why don't you see what you can come up with for a new logo.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Good logo design can take days of work and many revisions.

I like the idea of a new logo and a new theme for the boards - it signals a new direction. It's not like they're changing the name of the place.

As far as asking the community to do this... I think it's a nice idea. There are a lot of creative people here, and it would be nice to have the logo come from one of them. On the other hand, the $50 prize (and I know it might be increasing) is a little insulting. The new owners aren't exactly strapped for cash. This isn't one guy putting together his first website. If the new owners don't want to pay a professional graphic artist for a professionally made logo for a professional forum like this... I have a problem with that. Fifty bucks is what you offer the neighbor kid down the street who likes to play with Photoshop. Fifty bucks is not what a large company offers graphic designers to create professional-grade logos.

That said... if you guys want to go down this road, the artists will need a little more to work with. What kind of feel are you going for? Modern? Web 2.0? Web 3.0? Classic? Retro? Would you rather it be tall, long or square? Would you like it to also be rendered in black and white? An idea of the color scheme would be handy, as colors can definitely inform a logo (you wouldn't want a logo with a green object as the focus if your color scheme was all reds, and changing the object to match the reds may not work).
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast