Thanksgiving Plans?
    So, what's everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year? (And when did you start preparing?)

We're having a couple family members over and doing a somewhat scaled back lunch. In the past, we've cooked tons of stuff, and it's always several times more than we can eat (and probably 10x more than we NEED). We'll still have the basics (turkey, dressing, pie, etc.) but just not as much variety.

The turkey has been defrosting since Sunday, and I brined it last night. Tonight, I'll put it in the smoker, and it should be perfect by lunchtime tomorrow.

Hope you're able to spend Thanksgiving with your family or those you love!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Dinner for 10 at our house tomorrow, relaxing Friday (well, monitoring web stats and doing some customer service). Family reunion Saturday.

Finally, big kayak muskie fishing trip on Sunday. Snow in the forecast be damned, we'll be out there
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    After 9 years in America, celebrating Thanksgiving, it will be a bit weird for me this year, living in England.

No Thanksgiving this year (or ever again)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the American members

Ah, yes...Happy Thanksgiving, Michael, and to all of our ABW friends and colleagues.

Mrs. Beachy is putting together a family "brunch" tomorrow for all the local family (some of whom will be traveling later in the day). In the evening will be a much smaller Thanksgiving dinner for us, Jill, granddaughter, sister-in-law and one "older" neighbor (who has no local family). Unfortunately, our son-in-law has to work - helping keep the streets of Maryland safe for all of us. But we'll be saving leftovers for him.

Then Friday morning it's off to the beach place for a couple days of R&R, leftover turkey and more TV football.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Dinner for 8 families (approx. 30 with kids) tomorrow at our place.

Affiliate Network Rep Brent E. - Shareasale's Avatar
    It is my first Thanksgiving away from my family in Boston. I'm a little sad about it, but plan on enjoying lots of football!

I hope everyone here at ABW has a fun and relaxing Turkey Day. Eat some dark meat for me!

Brent

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Tara and I are off to Indiana to spend the week with her family shortly.

Turkey, pies, stuffing, oh my!

Beats last year when we were on our honeymoon and got back from the volcano at 10:00 PM and ended up eating Denny's Grand Slam breakfast for Thanksgiving dinner
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Dinner with the In-laws and 7 other family members. Family, Football, and food. Throw some "Mother in law attempting Rock Band 2" and we got ourselves an eventful Thanksgiving.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

It will be a full table here at our place. In-laws, sis-in-law and her family, and wife's grandparents and aunt.

Turkey, ham, etc, etc, etc. Probably will start around 5AM and want to sleep right after the turkey kicks in.

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    My dad moved to SC a year and a half ago, so no Thanksgiving with him, and my husband has to work so we don't have the time (or money) to head up to Oregon to see the in-laws.

So instead it's fried turkey at Lisa Picarille's house

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

Nice meal here in Montana with good friends who's little guy is 10-days younger than our little-girl - we've spent nearly every Thanksgiving or Christmas with them since the kids were born 3-years ago - can you say "babies next to turkey" pics?

Of course, the annual "Turkey Bowl" touch football game at 10 w/ our Missoula friends - about 10 or more families show up.

I'll be making my famous spinach balls, pecan pie, bourbon whipped cream and cranberry relish.

We got our turkey and most of the fixin's from a friends organic heritage farm in the MT "Golden Crescent"... so the quality will be top notch.

Our family onslaught will be at Christmas and New Year's.

Gobble Gobble!

Molly Bradford
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Vanns.com
    molly.bradford@vanns.net
    im: mhaislnut

I'm cooking the majority of the meal for our family. Mom and Sis will bring lots of other goodies!

Hubby is a part-time bartender and will open the bar at 6:00. At some point the kids (no, not little ones anymore!) and I will go down and have a few beers with him.

I will most likely take some left overs and a pie or two to share with the guys that didn't have family to share the day with.

Keep your portions small and you won't regret it next week!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

PS - I am thankful for every person in my life that I have a chance to make smile.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Hope you're able to spend Thanksgiving with your family or those you love!
    We have 20 coming here and my wife started cooking yesterday. She has me on full blown clean up detail.

She called my Mom for details on giblet gravy and corn bread dressing. We never cook that in Louisiana but I'm getting excited. Those are the 2 items I remember most for Thanksgiving growing up.

LOL - Kara is on the phone right now getting a recipe for corn bread dressing.

I'm getting hungry, now!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    glued to my in-laws TV watching the Packers DESTROY the feeble lions.

oh, and making my contribution to our feast:

http://cbslocalblogs.prospero.com/wc...dblog?entry=34

Dinner at my parents with my brother and his family and then work 7pm-5am at my out of the house job.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Outsourced Program Manager DaveAMWSO's Avatar
    Here in Bangkok Thailand several of the American Restaurateurs do special things for Thanksgiving where expats + friends + US enthusiasts gather for Turkeyfests I'll be heading down to Cajun themed restaurant for an all you can eat Turkey feast buffet with some buddies. Gotta get there about 5pm, since later on it really gets packed.

Thank goodness we have an over abundant taxi culture on Bangkok roads, since I'm sure I wouldn't be able to fit behind the wheel of the car after gorging at the buffet

I do miss is the football though, as the time difference puts the first game on about 3-4am or so. I'll be in a deep turkey coma by then.
    [B]Dave Oliver[/B] - AMWSO Affiliate Program Management Team
    [URL=http://www.amwso.com]www.amwso.com[/URL] | dave [at] amwso.com | AIM: DaveOliPM | Twitter: [URL=https://twitter.com/daveolipm]@daveolipm[/URL] |
    Programs: [URL=http://www.amwso.com/artoftea.php] Art of Tea[/URL] | [URL=http://www.amwso.net/affiliatet/eachbuyer-affiliate-program/]Eachbuyer[/URL] | [URL=https://www.facebook.com/amwso]AMWSO FB[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Dinner for 8 families (approx. 30 with kids) tomorrow at our place.
    Wow... i remember we had similar thing during Diwali... its so much fun to be around with family and kids

Wishing you all a warm and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

The family is coming over here. (we host Thanksgiving every year for all family members that live in Michigan)

The big change this year is that my oldest daughter flew to Florida (alone to visit my in-laws)

So ... I will be basically "WORRYING" on Thanksgiving (as all of you Mom's and Dad's would understand!)

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread