Online Marketing Consultant
    What about creating a way to follow people's posts
    I couldn't find the suggestions forum so I'm sorry ahead of time for posting in Midnight Cafe.

Michael, is there a way or a way too add it into ABW to be able to follow and get updates from someone's posts. I know I try to keep up with a few members and other Members follow other people and it may be a good feature to add in, if it isn't there already.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    excellent idea
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'll have to check with the vBulletin experts at iNET, but I'm pretty sure it's not a standard vBulletin feature and I don't see any hacks out there like that. In fact, the way vBulletin works, I'm not sure that something like that could even be done. You can subscribe to forums and threads, but posts from specific users is quite a different thing.

You can search for a specific user's posts (with the most recent ones listed first). There's a link on their profile page. That might help fill the gap.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

yeah thats the steps I use to follow someone's comments.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

ABW Ambassador
    Not my area of expertise but I would figure somebody could come up something. I know we have Buddy and Ignore Lists here.

If somebody made a hack or something that whoever you put on your Buddy List, you would get their updates or something like an RSS subscription where people had their own little icon and people could click on it and subscribe to their posts. Something like that, I'm sure there are other ways it can be done.

or someone could build it and sell it to forum owners?
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

You mean via email subscription? Or just get notified when they make a new post? Would you (anyone) visit ABW as often if it was via email subscription? Or maybe it would increase visits. Gotta have the traffic.

There's a link on their profile page.
    No, there isn't. There used to be.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

http and a telephoto
    It's on the drop down menu when you click their name in a post.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I mean like it could be added to a list when you come back. Like when you go to new threads, maybe do a split by new posts, new threads, people you follow. Or have a drop down with who you wanted to follow and it will show all the new posts since the last time you visited.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    I mean like it could be added to a list when you come back. Like when you go to new threads, maybe do a split by new posts, new threads, people you follow. Or have a drop down with who you wanted to follow and it will show all the new posts since the last time you visited.
    I understand what you mean, we were giving alternatives since that function isn't available apparently.
    Deborah Carney

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader
    I think I know what you mean!

Even though I usually read most the #XX New Posts listed since the last time I log in, sometimes it's a bit confusing when there are some new people using the same avatar you associate with an old member, or when a new member have a similar moniker of an old member...

For examples:

Rollerblader (you), TFA, and a couple of newbies, have the same avatar. So when I am browsing a thread with a few posts on it, I may stop to read your post, but then I realize it was someone else with your avatar...

Loxly, and lately Lody, I would not call Loxly an old member, because no women like to be call old, but sometimes I get confuse when I see the new Lody name at the end of the New Posts thread, links...

Btw, why do you think I had to add Mr. to my name? - It might made me sound older, but at least it would not confuse anyone here, with the original ABW member with the same name...

http and a telephoto
    Thanks Mr. Sal, lol. I do prefer to be called a "long time" member instead of an "old" member. And you won't have to worry about seeing Lody post any more...
    Deborah Carney

Trust is on the right track here. If I were to create the mod I'd edit search.php and add a new parameter like &do=getnewbuddies. It could be a compliment to the new posts page where you can see new posts by your buddies. I'm sure it would be very easy to do with minimal additional code.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

http and a telephoto
    That would make a good reason to use the buddy list feature. I don't use it currently because I have no idea what it does with my buddy list, lol.
    Deborah Carney

It's on the drop down menu when you click their name in a post.
    There's no drop down menu when I view someone's profile.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

If you click on someone's name in a post before the page has completed loading, it'll go to their profile (and you can find a link there to read all of their posts). If the page has loaded completely (and your browser supports it), the name becomes a drop down menu. For instance, yours shows this:
    suzie250
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to suzie250
    Find all posts by suzie250
    Add suzie250 to Your Buddy List
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Ahh,that's the key, obviously Chrome doesn't support it.

Edited to add: I dont see a link in the Profile View to see posts, even when I use another browser.
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Hmm, the links in the profile view only show for some user levels.

The format is:

http://forum.abestweb.com/search.php...r&userid=18959

You can just insert a person's userid and save the link as bookmarks. (Make sure to save this link, not the page it redirects to -- that page is session based and won't work later.)

You can also do the same thing in a more "one off" fashion by going to Advance Search and entering a user name.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread